App for kids to learn learn Chinese on the go
Language learning is a lifelong journey and it needs to start from a young age, as early from 9 months old to 6 years old. MandarinaKids provides that perfect platform for kids to learn Chinese through a fun and interactive experience on its latest app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices.
Known as “Fun Chinese - MandarinaKids”, this highly interactive and engaging app is just like a virtual outdoor classroom with different scenarios and tools to play with. It provides a dynamic and fun experience through sounds, animations, bilingual translations for foreign languages and other great features. It is not just the kids who will have all the fun, parents can also be part of it by going through the Parents’ Guide to have a sneak peek at all the Chinese words taught in the app.
For Chinese New Year, new scenarios have been added to teach kids on the various Chinese New Year greetings which also expose them to some of the traditions and customs at the same time.
Some of the key features and enhancements of the application include:
- Translations in 6 languages, helps the kids to recognise Chinese characters with Pinyin through phonics and via the below languages:
- 4 key learning scenarios, 2 festive scenarios, and more to come:
o At Home
o At the Farm
o At the Playground
o At Night
o 2 festive scenarios for Chinese New Year
- Flex their creative juices with a variety of canvas and colour palette on the Colouring Book
- Learn the correct pronunciation through the recorded voice of a native Chinese speaker
- Practice the correct way of writing a Chinese character through a Calligraphy exercise with step-by-step guidance for the different strokes
The app is now available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices which can be purchased at US$0.99 via App Store.