June school holidays 2019 in Singapore: Our big fat list of FUN!
Check out what's happening this June school holidays 2019 in Singapore, from workshops and holidays camps, to shopping mall activities and outdoor fun!
And before you know it, half a year has whizzed by, and it's already time for June school holidays 2019 in Singapore! Mums and dads, have you made your plans? Worry not, for this cool list gives you everything that's happening in Singapore, from workshops and holidays camps, to shopping mall activities and outdoor fun!
Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) is organising a 2-day camp this June school holidays.
Event Venue: Yishun Training Hall, Level 3 Blk 845 Yishun Street 81, Singapore 760845 The training venue just above Sheng Shiong Super market
Event Date: 10 and 11 June 2019, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Fees / Training Camp: S$160.50/pax (Fees inclusive of GST, Lunch will be provided)
Registration Deadline: 12pm, Friday, 31 May 2019
Event Venue: Hougang Training Hall Blk 810 Hougang Central #02-216, Singapore 530810 (Nearest MRT: Hougang MRT, 4 mins walk from Hougang Bus Interchange)
Event Date: 27 and 28 June 2019, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Fees / Training Camp: S$160.50/pax (Fees inclusive of GST, Lunch will be provided)
Registration Deadline: 12pm, Friday, 14 June 2019
For more Information:
Contact Person: Jonas, 6354 1014
Email: [email protected]
Faber-Castell Singapore will be holding its annual art festival for the third year in a row in efforts to promote art for all ages from 21st June to 30th June 2019, at the Marina Square Central Atrium.
Faber-Castell Art Festival 2019
21 June, Friday – 30 June, Sunday 2019
Marina Square Central Atrium
Those who are keen to participate in art classes to pick up a new skill or two can choose from the 32 classes conducted by 20 visual artists specialising in various art forms such as painting, crafts, sketching, doodling, lettering, calligraphy, drawing etc.
Visitors can also look forward to fringe-activities like assembling your own pens, designing your own magnetic badges, manga drawing and acrylic painting on stones by artists!
Buds Theatre is holding some holiday camps in June, suitable for children 6-13 years old. They are also offering a promotional price where siblings and multiple sign ups get 10% off.
Here are the available camp dates:
3 – 7 June | 10 – 14 June | 17 -21 June | 24 -28 June |1 -5 July | 8 -12 July | 15 -19 July | 22 -26 July | 29 July – 2 August | 5 – 9 August | 12 – 16 August
Venue: The Playtent, 180 Joo Chiat Rd, #02-01, Singapore 427451
About: Devise a plot, cast a play, design costumes, create a set, learn about lights, act a lot and broaden your knowledge of theatre. This camp culminates in a performance of original work by the children.
Age Group: 3 – 13 years
Regular price: $300/child for 5 days
Camp Timing: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Musical Theatre Madness
About: Participants will be taught the songs and choreography to two short songs. They will then devise a story around these songs and put together their very own musical!
The camp culminates in a showcase where participants get to showcase their creation and walk friends and family through their artistic creation process!
Age Group: 5 – 13 years
Regular price: $500/child for 5 days
*Resources, art materials and snacks included, but participants to bring their own lunch
Camp Timing: 9.30am – 3.30pm
British Council is offering a fantastic range of English holiday programmes including:
- Speech and Drama (Kindergarten 1 and 2): A fun and engaging course where pre-school learners will get to explore interactive stories, poems and songs.
They will also have the opportunity to develop social and oral communication skills through circle time discussions, listening activities and exciting games. Course fees: $456 (5 days).
- Phonics for Preschoolers (Kindergarten 2): This programme helps to reinforce literacy skills for all students who need extra support in transitioning to reading fluency.
Children will learn about blends and syllabication, sight words recognition, phonics, tricky words and fluency practice. Storybook comprehension is also covered. Course fees: $547.20 (4 days) / $684 (5 days).
- Writing Champions *New* (Primary 1): A new course specially developed for confident readers in Primary 1.
As well as taking part in comprehension activities, children will have the chance to conduct their own research, complete a fact file, and have fun brainstorming ideas to write their very own creative story. Course fees: $612.80 (4 days) / $766 (5 days).
- PSLE Intensive: This course provides intensive practice of all elements of the exam: writing skills (Paper 1), language use and comprehension (Paper 2), listening comprehension (Paper 3) and oral communication (Paper 4).
Attendees will develop exam skills in a supportive environment and gain extra practice intensively before the big day. Course fees: $766 (5 days).
- Social Media and Me – Situational Writing (Secondary 1-4): In this situational writing workshop, Secondary students will explore how social media affects their lives and the advantages and disadvantages of technology.
Through current affairs articles, videos, listening texts and digital resources, students will have a chance to think critically about social media and technology. Course fees: $306.40 (2 days) / $459.60 (3 days).
- Secrets to Success – Presentation Skills (Secondary 1-4): This course will give students the opportunity to explore and discuss the secrets to success.
Based on this theme, they will learn and develop the skills to give a successful presentation. Course fees: $306.40 (2 days).
To register, visit https://www.britishcouncil.sg/holidayprogrammes or call +65 6439 2144. Enjoy a 20% discount off the British Council’s holiday programmes if you register for Term 3 and 4 of their English enrichment course at the same time.
To be held from 3 to 29 June 2019, the ACT 3 Drama Academy June Holiday Workshops, inspired by Russian folktale, The Enormous Turnip by Aleksey Tolstoy, are perfect for children from 7 months to 15 years old.
Led by experienced Drama Educators in a comfortable and conducive environment, the workshops focus on building social skills, curiosity, determination and a love for the arts at an early age.
To register for all workshops, parents are invited to book online at www.act3international.com.sg, call ACT 3 Drama Academy at (65) 6735 9986, email at [email protected] or head to the premises located at ONE-TWO-SIX Cairnhill Arts Centre, 126 Cairnhill Road.
More information can also be found on the website.
King and the Pawn, a board game cafe located near City Hall, is organising a June holiday workshop for kids aged 10-13, which will focus on learning strategic thinking through playing board games.
- For children between 10-13 years old
- Participants will be taught strategy games that are both fun and mentally stimulating, including Mensa Select® games
- Facilitators will be on hand to guide players on the thought process behind key strategic decisions
- At the end of the session, participants will reflect on learning points and present their findings to the rest of the group
- Maximum class size of 20 pax, participants to be split into groups of 4-5 pax each for the games
- Snack and teatime provisions
- Nachos with cheese and cherry tomato salsa (sharing)
- 1 scoop of gelato each
- 2 drinks each: Choice of coke, freshly squeezed orange juice, and iced chocolate
Programme date and time: 26th June 2019 Wednesday, 1pm – 5pm.
- 1.00pm – 1.15pm: Arrival and registration
- 1.15pm – 3.00pm: Participants to learn and play 2 strategy games
- 3.00pm – 3.15pm: Tea break
- 3.15pm – 4.30pm: Participants to learn and play another 2 strategy games
- 4.30pm – 5.00pm: Participants reflect on learning points and present their findings
Programme Fee and Registration
- $36 / person for one child or $32 / person for two or more children
- To register, please email [email protected] with the name of the participant and contact details of his / her parents.
Payment instructions will be sent to you via email. Registration closes 15th June, 2019.
This June school holidays, SuperPark brings endless fun for all children and teenagers with the launch of its inaugural SUPERDAYCAMP at SuperPark Singapore!
The new SuperDayCamp is a dedicated programme to hone children’s motor skills. It adopts a “play-based learning” model from Finland that focuses on the importance of play, joy and active participation through and about movement.
SuperDayCamp provides children an opportunity to explore and learn fun and exciting new skills and tricks at their own pace. Through specially-tailored competition games, children will also improve their social-cognitive skills and build self-confidence.
Conducted under the nurturing guidance of the SuperPark crew in a safe, structured and engaging environment, everyone is bound to have unstoppable fun!
SuperDayCamp is available in June and July 2019 from Mondays to Wednesdays as a 1-day programme from 9am to 3pm under the 3 different age groups – 4 to 6; 7 to 9; 10 to 12.
Camp fee is at $150 per participant. You can also find out more on SuperPark’s website here.
Jewel's top floor is a 14,000 sqm recreational wonderland for all. From mazes to bouncing nets, it's all fun. Take a stroll along creative garden trails, glide down giant slides or hide in bowls of gentle mist.
Open from: 9:00AM - 3:00AM
Location: Level 5
Price: Entrance to Canopy Park for Singapore residents is $4.50 while standard tickets are $5. Admission to Canopy Park includes: Topiary Walk, Discovery Slides, Foggy Bowls and Petal Gardens.
Separate admission charges apply to Canopy Bridge, Hedge Maze, Mirror Maze, Manulife Sky Nets - Bouncing, Manulife Sky Nets - Walking.
This year, the Istana Hari Raya Open House will be held in conjunction with the Singapore Bicentennial commemoration.
Visitors can experience an exhibition that explores Singapore’s longer history, and be immersed in an array of interactive activities and performances hosted by key communities in Singapore.
- Cultural performances and showcases by key communities such as Sree Narayana Mission and The Peranakan Association
- A Nature Guided Walk to explore Istana’s rich flora, fauna and biodiversity
- Tour the Istana’s main building and view collections of State Gifts
- Discover Singapore’s history and heritage at the Istana Heritage Gallery
This event is open to the public on Wednesday, 5 June 2019 from 8.30am – 6.00pm.
Admission is FREE for Singaporeans and Singapore permanent residents.
All others visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of $2 per person.
Hari Raya Istana Open House
- Date: Wednesday, 5 June 2019
- Time: 8:30am – 6:00pm
- Venue: The Istana, 35 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
- Website: https://www.istana.gov.sg/Visit-And-Explore/Istana-Open-House https://www.bicentennial.sg/highlight/istana-roadshow/
This June holidays, don't miss 'From Singapore to Singaporean: The Bicentennial experience' ! It is an is an immersive, multisensory experience held at Fort Canning Centre, which showcases Singapore's history over the past 700 years.
The Bicentennial Experience is open to the public from 1 June to 15 September 2019.
The Bicentennial Experience comprises an indoor cinematic, immersive journey called Time Traveller, and an outdoor exploratory trail featuring eight interactive pavilions and installations called Pathfinder.
- Entry to The Bicentennial Experience is free of charge and open to all. It is recommended for
children aged 5 and above, and is rated PG.
- Members of the public who want to visit in June may book their tickets online via the Singapore
• Tickets are offered on a first-come-first-served basis, and visitors may book up to a maximum
of 12 tickets online.
For more information, visit https://www.bicentennial.sg/the-bicentennial-experience/
Groove, dance and have a Play-Full day out this June holidays at the Goodman Open House, a family-friendly arts festival that offers visitors of all ages the opportunity to enjoy and experience diverse art forms.
Held at Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore’s largest arts enclave, visitors can also step into the intimate spaces of the artists’ studios to better understand the art-making process.
Experience different dance rhythms and movements with interactive dance performances specially curated for both junior and adult audiences.
Families can look forward to a day of bonding and creativity with fun-filling activities ranging from storytelling sessions, chime-making workshops, watching a puppetry production, caricature drawing or even participate in creating a floor mural!
- Date: 22 June 2019 (Saturday)
- Time: 11am – 5pm
- Venue: Goodman Arts Centre
- Nearest MRT: Mountbatten MRT (Exit B)
- Admission Fees: Free
- Organiser: Arts House Limited
- For More Details: www.goodmanartscentre.sg / https://www.facebook.com/GoodmanArtsCentre/.
This June holidays, The State of Fun will host a Pokémon Carnival from 15 – 30 June 2019 at Sentosa Cove Village. This will mark the first-ever appearance of all 403 Alola region Pokémon in one place!
Some of the activities families can look forward to during the carnival:
- Pokémon-themed inflatable slides and ball pits
- A very special Pokémon hunt, where participants stand to win attractive prizes
- Capture picture-perfect moments with all 403 Alola Pokémon cut-outs around Sentosa Cove
- Take part in a variety of games – from catching Pokémon, hitting Pokéballs, mix & match Pokémon characters, to identifying the different Pokémon elements
- Meet-and-greet sessions with Pikachu
- Don't miss out on the chance to catch the Pikachu Parade that will take place at 8.15pm, on alternative evenings on the following dates: 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30 June 2019!
That’s not all, enjoy a laidback evening at Sentosa with Movies by the Bay for all ages. Catch special screenings of family favourites while you relax under the stars at Sentosa Cove.
For more information, visit https://www.sentosa.com.sg/pokemon-carnival
- Promotion is valid from 1 June to 30 June 2019.
- Available for kids below 8 years old or 120cm in height.
- One kids meal to be redeemed per paying adult main meal.
- Maximum 2 kids meal to be redeemed per table.
- Not valid with other promotions & discounts.
The world of Toy Story is coming to Gardens by the Bay.
The popular Supertree Grove will be transformed into a colourful carnival filled with family-friendly games and activities, inspired by characters from the upcoming film Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 4 this coming June.
It will be a great multi-sensorial experience for children to learn through play, with plenty of hands-on, immersive experiences for children to learn more about friendship and teamwork.
There will also be activities where parents and children have to work together to overcome challenges – definitely a good way to have fun and bond with one another!
Some of the experiences festival-goers can expect include Star Adventurer, where young visitors can race in self-driving cars in order to recharge Buzz Lightyear; and Bo Peep’s Adventure, a fun obstacle course for children to test their speed, agility and endurance.
There will also be carnival game booths featuring Woody and Jessie. To top it off, the Festival will feature the first ever Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 4 themed marble run track in Singapore.
The best part is, admission is FREE! Information about the Festival can be found here,
- When: Sat, 15 Jun - Sun, 30 Jun 2019
- Time: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Where: Supertree Grove, Gardens by the Bay
This June holidays, Marvel Studio’s Spider-ManTM will be springing into action at NEX.
Spider-Man will be returning to the big screen this July and NEX is creating an atrium-filled Spider-Man activity and entertainment zone with life-sized replicas for its shoppers.
Families can participate in exclusive activities, games, lucky draws, Instagram-worthy photo opportunities and premium redemptions.
Spider-ManTM Far From Home Adventures
- Location: NEX Atrium, Level 1
- Date & Time: Friday 14 June to Sunday 23 June, 2019 from 12pm to 8pm
- Admission: Free
The country’s largest family-friendly “fun-nival” of its kind, Aviva Superfundae, returns on 15 June 2019!
There’ll be a slew of new games, experiences and more, so you can look forward to creating more precious memories with the family this June holidays:
Bond over classic, old school fun with a giant Hantam Bola, this time LARGER than ever. Display the strength of your family ties with a Tug-of-Four challenge
Get crafty with your kids! - Explore pinwheel making, create your own colourful mosaic art piece, and rainbow scratch art through hands-on art and craft workshops
Indulge in water play – Run, splash and slide across mega water inflatables, go Cray Cray Spray, beat the heat and get soaked with NERF Supersoakers, navigate your own remote control boat to dodge obstacles and make it to the end of the ‘island’.
Adrenaline-pumping action awaits – Avoid getting whacked on the head in a game of life size Whack-a-mole, devour as much food as you can in Mega Hungry Hippo, and hit up Jungle Pinata Treasure to reveal special treats!
Fun-nival goers can look forward to a day of play and sunshine that fuse both structured and free play for kids, featuring three main play elements of:
1) Connective play that encourages interactions, enriching kids communication skills and emotional wellbeing
2) Active play that hones psychomotor skills, and
3) Creative play that unleashes kids’ creativity and trains the right brain
Event details: Aviva Superfundae
- Date: 15 June 2019
- Time: 10:00am to 9:00pm
- Venue: The Meadow, Gardens By The Bay
For more information on Aviva Superfundae, please visit www.superfundae.com.sg.
From May to August 2019, Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is blazing with exciting programmes and experiences for guests of all ages to play, explore and learn at its themed attractions.
Celebrate World Oceans Day with S.E.A. Aquarium’s Ocean Fest – The Noisy Ocean! (17 May – 30 June)
Families and young children can discover, tinker and recreate the sounds of the ocean at
interactive exhibits in S.E.A. Aquarium’s sound-sational Ocean Fest: The Noisy Ocean!
Held in celebration of World Oceans Day on 8 June, this festival aims to raise awareness on ocean soundscapes and the negative impacts of sound pollution through immersive installations, musical performances, project showcases and more.
For more information on Ocean Fest, visit www.rwsentosa.com/oceanfest
Kick off the summer at Universal Studios Singapore with thrilling rides, attractions, spectacular shows and more!
From 5 July to 18 August, meet the first talking Megatron in Singapore in an all-new interactive meet-and-greet programme at Sci-Fi City. Guests can also snap photos with the loveable Minions in Hawaiian-inspired grass skirts and coconut shell bikinis, as well as Sanrio’s famous duo: Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel.
Experience more thrills and fun after the sun goes down with the Universal After Hours programme. On weekends and select nights, soak in the cool line-up of activities, including the first-ever Hollywood Dreams Light-Up Parade, entertaining local bands, brilliant fireworks display, delicious food from pop up stalls and more!
More details of all the activities can be found at www.rwsentosa.com/universalsummer.
On Fridays, weekends and public holidays, beat the summer heat at Adventure Cove Waterpark’s Splash
Bash (1 – 30 June).
Those with a competitive streak can put their brains and brawns to good use with riddles and physical challenges at Adventure River and Bluwater Bay. Teams can step into a water-filled battleground in a quest for glory and victors stand to win attractive prizes!
More information about the event can be found at www.rwsentosa.com/splashbash.
This June School Holidays, gear up for a fun, exciting and educational journey with the Super Wings Live Show and other activities at Suntec City!
From 7-30 June 2019, a host of performances, parades and parties are in store for the whole family to enjoy at the North Atrium.
Super Wings is an action-packed preschool series about an adorable jet plane named Jett, who teams up with his friends to travel the world delivering packages to children while finding creative solutions to the challenges and problems they face.
Super Wings have the ability to transform from planes into amazing heroes who can run, lift, dig and even dive deep under the sea!
- Live Show (Friday to Sunday, from 14-16, 21-23, 28-30 June at 2pm and 7pm)
- Super Wings Parade (Saturday, on 15, 22, 29 June at 4pm)
- Merchandise & Play Area (Daily, 14-30 June, Monday to Thursday 12pm-8pm and Friday to Sunday 12pm-9pm)
- Tea Party World Tour (On Fri and Sun, from 14 June at 4 pm)
From 31 May to 30 June 2019, redeem exclusive PAWsome rewards when you spend at City Square Mall. Thereafter, from 8 to 23 June 2019, join Ryder and his pups in a LIVE show as they work together to help save the day in Adventure Bay.
This will be followed by aMeet & Greet session in their Ultimate Rescue Kit! With loads of action and excitement, there’ll be non-stop fun for the whole family this June.
PAW PATROL ULTIMATE RESCUE TRAINING SHOW
Embark on an exciting fire rescue training with Ryder and his pups as they serve the Adventure Bay community. Join forces with Chase, Marshall, Skye and Rubble as PAW Patrol recruits and solve problems for the Ultimate Fire Rescue!
The pups will also be making their first-ever special appearance in their Ultimate Rescue Kit, so be sure not to miss this!
- Date: 8 – 23 June 2019 (except Mondays)
- Time: Tue - Fri: 2pm and 7pm
- Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm and 7pm
- Venue: L1 Stage