I am not a relationship expert. However, I have talked to quite a few and it turns out, young people have got it all wrong. When it comes to relationships, we often get confused by grand gestures and often neglect the most important things in life. It is not the grand gestures that count, it is the millions of tiny ones that really do, and say ‘I love you’ without actually saying the words.
And that is what parent blogger Amy Betters-Midtvedt recently shared her blog post on Facebook. It resonates with many women who have been in a relationship for a long time, and everyone, including Amy, says the same thing – it is easy to spot if your husband is going to uphold his ’till death does us part’ end of the bargain.
Amy wrote this on Facebook to let the younger generation know what true love really looks like. And within a few days, it became quite popular!
What we see is her husband of 19 years coming to her rescue with his credit card because she could not find her wallet. He is not angry, he understands. And from this brilliant post, we can see 11 signs that your husband is going to love you, no matter what, even after you become old!
So, without further delay, here are 21 signs that show that your husband will be into you even after decades of being married!
1. He knows how you like your coffee, and does everything he can so that you are able to enjoy it before you start the day.
2. You have your off days, and he gets it.
3. He knows when you want to sleep a bit longer, and takes the children out for a walk.
4. He pays attention to your complaints and gets things fixed.
5. He does not treat you like a princess, he treats you like an equal.
6. He cares for your opinion and involves you in important decisions
7. He cannot keep a secret from you, even if it is a gift he got for you for your anniversary.
8. You know where he is going to be without even asking him.
9. He remembers you pausing in front of the store and gets the dress you always wanted but did not, as it was costly.
10. He gives you a foot rub even if he had had a bad day.
11. He asks you how your day was, every day!
12. He texts you during the day, just to know if you have had your lunch.
13. Only he can cook an omelette the way you like it.
14. He shares chores proactively so that both of you can have some peace.
15. He has some alone time with his buddies and encourages you to do the same.
16. You are always a team, be it in raising kids or just when you play dumb charades at a friend’s party.
17. When you play dumb charades, he is the first one to guess what you are trying to say.
18. Your kids do not have a preferred parent, they approach him as easily as they approach you.
19. He watches a chick flick with you just because you want to watch one.
20. He will go out for groceries just to make the next morning easier.
21. He lets you occupy 3/4th of the bed without complaining!
That said, ladies, you have to play your part as well. As you do, guys appreciate honestly and despise mind games. They are into you for a reason, and that is because you are genuine. So mums, never stop respecting him (at least as much as he deserves), and stay genuine!
Also, read Charity sex: Why it is essential for a marriage, especially after having a baby!