Green queen quinoa and kale patties
Enjoy your quinoa in a brand new way!
Try something healthy and exciting for dinner with this Quinoa and Kale Patties recipe. Made with the almighty quinoa, you can have a low-carb but high-protein meal that's filling yet healthy.
- 1 cup white GoGo Organic Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups kale, deveined and finely chopped
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup Ferrarini Matured Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ - ¾ cup Paxo Golden Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil and more for frying
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Wild Harvest organic salsa medium, as accompaniment
1. Combine quinoa, eggs, parmesan, spring onions, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and sweat onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add kale and sauté till kale is soft
4. Mix kale mixture to quinoa mixture and add breadcrumbs.
5. Form patties and pan-fry till golden brown on each side, taking care not to over-crowd the pan.
6. Serves hot patties with sweet chili sauce or salsa.
The Almighty Quinoa:
- Low carb, high in protein
- All-time popular superfood
- Hypo-allergenic and versatile
- Healthy rice or pasta replacement
- Can be a filler for salads or soups
- Flour substitute for baking
Recipe by Cold Storage and Sarab Kapoor