Take a walk down memory lane with the Singapore Night Festival as it celebrates 10 magical years this August!
From 18 – 26 August, create magical memories at the Bras Basah.Bugis precinct, where the Singapore Night Festival celebrates its 10th anniversary with an array of light installations, and enthralling local and international performances.
Meanwhile, check out these family-friendly programmes at Singapore Night Festival 2017!
- Convolutions| EZ3kiel (France): Ignite your imagination as the building comes alive before your eyes! Catch Convolutions in front of the National Museum of Singapore where the family can watch the lights, laser and music projections that is set to transform the facade of the museum!
Venue: National Museum of Singapore façade Date and Time: 18–26August 2017 | 7.30pm–12am
- String Fling Puppet Show | Frankie Yeo (Singapore): Don’t miss String Fling Puppet Show as marionette star Bruno, the juggling clown astonishes the audience with his unbelievable stunts, but also has trouble keeping on his pants.
String Fling Puppet Show is an engaging and interactive show, whose combination of great music, humour, and beautiful marionettes is a special treat for both adults and children.
Venue: The Pit, SMU Campus Green
Date and Time: 25 August 2017 | 6pm – 6.45pm 26 August 2017 | 6pm – 7pm
- Les Hommes Debout (The Standing Men) | AADN (France): Talkative, curious and inquisitive little ones will certainly enjoy interacting with Les Hommes Debout, an interactive art installation of 16 human-sized figurines.
Little ones can get up close and personal with these beautifully lit statues as flashes go off in an echo, colours change and the statues come to life in an unpredictable way, transforming the entire installation into a ballet of light.
Listen closely to hear recorded stories told by occupants of the Bras Basah Bugis precinct and discover the memories and experiences others have had in the same place.
Venue: Singapore Art Museum
Date and Time: 18 – 26 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 12am
- Reprizzo Circus | Vlad Bond (Australia): Families with kids will have a ball of time with award-winning circus performer Reprizzo! Prepare to be captivated by his quirky and comedic charms; his juggling, choreography and command of the Rolla Bola will keep the family enchanted and entertained.
His combination of quick humour, peculiar choreography, unusual equipment and unique technical skills make his performances a truly original piece of modern art with respect to the greatest circus traditions. Let him take your family through an unpredictable journey to an awakening dream of unfolding possibilities.
Venue: The Pit, SMU Campus Green
Date and Time: 26 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 8pm, 8.45pm – 9.15pm, 10pm – 10.30pm
- LED Juggler | Singapore Philatelic Museum (Singapore): Interested in cool juggling tricks? Then be sure to catch the LED Juggler and his breath-taking acts at the Singapore Philatelic Museum.
Watch Jimmy the Juggler as he performs some of his most breath-taking acts, a show not to be missed!
Venue: Main Stage, Armenian Street
Date and Time: 25, 26 August 2017 | 9.45pm – 10pm
- Bicycle Trails: Go on an exciting biking adventure around Bras Basah.Bugis precinct with the Bicycle Trails. Pick up a bicycle for free from the Festival or bring your own wheels – skateboards, scooters, roller blades, etc – just be mindful of traffic rules!
Venue: Level 1, Outdoor deck of Stamford Gallery, National Museum of Singapore
Date and Time: 18 – 23 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 12am (last rental at 11pm)
Free, on a first-come-first-served basis. Visitors to leave their identification card upon registration. For ages 18 and above.
- The Bulb Heads | Sans Compagnie Fixe (France): Spot The Bulb Heads as they wander around the festival grounds, topped with huge vintage-style bulbs instead of heads, struggling valiantly against their planned extinction, communicating through flickering light.
Venue: National Museum of Singapore, Singapore Art Museum, SMU, National Museum of Singapore – Main Ground
Date and Time: 24, 25, 26 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 8pm, 9pm – 9.30pm, 10.30pm – 11pm
- Lunisolar Vibes 桴鼓曦舒 | ZingO Festival Drum Group (Singapore): Catch Singapore’s leading Chinese drumming troupe ZingO as they perform Lunisolar Vibes, a show inspired by the sun and moon. Look out for a 6-year-old drumming his heart out too!
In Chinese culture, the 23rd of August is “The End of Heat 处暑”, signalling the arrival of autumn and cooler weather. This drumming performance is based on the influence of the sun and the moon in modern Singapore.
Venue: [email protected]
Date and Time: 24 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 7.45pm, 9pm – 9.15pm 25 August 2017 | 7.30pm – 7.45pm, 8.30pm – 8.45pm 26 August 2017 | 7pm – 7.15pm, 8.30pm – 8.45pm