Using vegetables in their snacks may be tricky but, with a little creativity, you can teach your kids to love Broccoli!
Broccoli Cheese Sticks
This takes only about thirty-five minutes to prepare!
What you will need
16oz Frozen Broccoli
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to prepare
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degress. Line a baking tray with a parchment sheet.
2. Steam broccoli using a steamer until tender.
3. Use a food processor (with an “s” blade) to process the cooked broccoli (if you don’t have one, you can use a potato masher or a hand chopper).
4. Mix broccoli with bread crumbs, cheese, and eggs in a large bowl.
5. Pour the mixture into parchment-lined baking tray.
6. Shape into a large rectangle (about 8″ x 12″)
7. Using a rubber spatula, cut into 8 sticks (1-1/2″ x 8″) and then cut those 8 in half to create 16 sticks (1-1/2″ x 4″)
8. Bake for 15 minutes and turn over.
9. Bake for another 15 OR if you want them crispier, bake an additional 5 minutes at a time until the desired crispness.
10. Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate or freeze for later.
Serves 6 to 8 people!
recipe from: Yummly.com
Next page: Broccoli Hummus