DSA 2019 Singapore: Important Dates, Timelines And Changes This Year
You have from 9am on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to 3pm on Tuesday, 4 June 2019 to submit your child's application for DSA 2019 Singapore.
Direct School Admission Exercise for Secondary Schools (DSA-Sec) allows students to apply to some schools before taking the PSLE. Students can apply based on their talent in sports, CCAs and specific academic areas. When it comes to DSA 2019 Singapore, the MOE has announced a number of changes.
Here are the changes to DSA from 2019.
Common online portal for DSA 2019 Singapore
Students and parents will make applications via a common online portal from the 2019 DSA-Sec Exercise.
All schools will have a common DSA-Sec application timeline
Application will be via a centralised online portal. Applicants only need to fill in one online form to apply to multiple schools, and their details will be provided electronically to the schools.
The period of application will span over a four-week period from 8 May 2019 till 4 June 2019.
Application form simplified
School information like the student’s Primary 5 and Primary 6 academic results, Co-curricular Activities (CCA), school-based achievements/awards will be automatically shared with the schools that the student applies to.
Therefore, no certificates, transcripts or testimonials will be required from the students.
Application through the portal is free-of-charge
This is to remove financial barriers for any student with talent and potential, and to encourage students, regardless of background, to apply for DSA.
Students can apply through the portal via one of their parents’ SingPass login. Parents who do not have access to SingPass can approach their child’s primary school for assistance.
Choosing talent areas
Each applicant can choose up to three schools and three talent areas in their DSA-Sec application.
If the applicant only wishes to apply to one school, he can apply to two talent areas from that school and leave choice (3) blank.
For students with multiple talents, there is flexibility for them to use up to two choices to apply for two different talent areas from the same school.
The applicant can apply to only two talent areas from the same school. He will still be able to apply to another school and talent area if he wishes to.
More details on DSA 2019 Singapore will be available to P5 students through schools
More details on application procedures will be made known to the Primary 5 students through their schools.
Students are encouraged to check the MOE DSA-Sec webpage for information on important dates, the DSA-Sec process, participating schools and their talent areas.
For SOTA or SSP
Students who are interested to apply to Singapore School of the Arts (SOTA) or Singapore Sports School (SSP) will continue to apply directly to the schools because of their unique admission requirements.
You have from 9am on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 to 3pm on Tuesday, 4 June 2019 to submit your child’s application. Follow these steps to apply:
- Log in to the DSA-Sec portal with your SingPass.
- You can indicate up to 3 choices and 3 talent areas.
- You may indicate up to 2 talent areas for the same secondary school. If you are keen to apply for 2 talent areas offered by the school, you must indicate both talent areas as separate choices.
- You may provide information for up to 10 non-school based activities and achievements which are related to your child’s chosen talent areas.
- There is no need to submit any supporting documents during application. Your child’s primary school records (for example, P5 and P6 academic results, CCA, school-based activities, achievements or awards) will be automatically shared with the schools.
- Enter your contact details correctly. This allows the schools to contact you if your child is shortlisted for the selection process.
- You can update, withdraw and re-submit your application during the application period.
- If you are unable to apply online, approach your child’s primary school for assistance.
Different schools have different selection processes. If shortlisted, your child may have to attend interviews, auditions or trials. Selected students will receive DSA-Sec offers from schools by Friday, 30 August 2019.
- Choose up to 3 school choices in order of preference using the MOE online system by 3pm on Friday, 25 October 2019.
- Your child’s Direct School Admission-Secondary (DSA-Sec) allocation results will be released along with the PSLE results in late November. Collect the results at your child’s primary school.