What you need:
- 2 cups of cold, cooked rice
- 200g cooked chicken, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- Small red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Some oil of choice (e.g. olive, peanut).
How to make:
Place some oil in a wok and heat over medium flame. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until soft. Add the carrot and red pepper and fry for a few more minutes.
Next add soy sauce and chicken and cook for a few more minutes, making sure the chicken is well heated through. Stir in the rice and peas and mix well.
Make a hole in the middle of the rice mixture and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring until it’s cooked. Then mix it all into the rice.
Finally, add the sesame oil and spring onions.
This meal can be enjoyed by the whole family, not just the kiddos!
Recipe inspiration and image from Little Grazers.