Singapore boy falls to his death from Toa Payoh HDB block sky garden
He was reportedly with a female friend at the time.
In some very sad news, a Singapore boy reportedly fell to his death in Toa Payoh on Tuesday (23 January).
The teenager fell from the 12th floor of a Housing and Development board block just after midnight, says a Straits Times report.
Boy falls to his death in Toa Payoh: What happened?
According to reports, 16-year-old Ng Jun Hui was with a female friend on the 12th floor sky garden of Block 79D, Toa Payoh Central.
He reportedly lost his balance, and plummeted down to his death. Reports quote the boy’s father as saying, “the pair were playing a game that was ‘like hide-and-seek’ at the sky garden.”
The police were alerted to the death in Toa Payoh at 12.28am on Tuesday, according to the Straits Times.
“A 16-year-old boy was found lying motionless and was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene,” they said in a statement.
Currently, there is no more information on this unfortunate death in Toa Payoh, but police are investigating the case.
A note of caution to all parents
As our children grow older, we cannot keep an eye on them at all (or most) times like we did when they were younger.
While we don’t know how Jun fell to his death in Toa Payoh, his sad passing is indeed an eyeopener to all Singapore parents.
For those of you with older kids,
- Caution your children to keep their wits about them at all times.
- Explain to them that rash acts may have unpleasant consequence more often than not.
- Advise them about responsible behaviour in restaurants and other public areas.
- Yes peer pressure can be hard to resist, but it pays to use common sense too.
- Ensure they have emergency phone numbers with them at all times.
And for those of you with younger kids, do remember that accidents can happen in a split second. Keep a watchful eye on your little ones at all times when out and about.
We at theAsianparent extend our heartfelt condolences to the family of Ng Jun Hui. May he rest in peace.
Also read: Pool safety for toddlers