The pandemic has turned our lives upside down, and we continue to be faced with a lot of uncertainty. As mums and dads, our primary concern though, has always been to put our little ones’ needs first – we want them to be healthy, happy and strong.
Good nutrition is particularly important during the early years of life when body growth and brain development are faster than during any other period. Adequate intake of both macronutrients and micronutrients is essential to ensure optimal growth and brain development.
Everything from learning, to memory, attention, processing speed and mood are affected by the foods we consume.
The toddler years, particularly age 1-3, can get a little tricky though, as your little one may start to reject many kinds of food he/she previously ate and may refuse to try new ones. Your toddler is in a phase where he/she is busy exploring independence and control.
The amount and quality of food your child thus eats may not meet his/her daily nutritional requirements. A well-nourished body is in fact a higher requisite at this stage since it is more capable of fighting off colds, flu and other common illnesses.
In the current challenging times, whilst nutrition for your little one continues to be an important requirement, it should not come at a very heavy price.
How to find the right milk formula / growing up milk?
Experts agree that growing up milk can prevent some common nutritional deficiencies in the diets of young children. But with so many options available, it can certainly be overwhelming for parents like you to keep up and choose a growing-up milk that’s right for your toddler.
You might want to consider these 3 A’s:
- Accessibility: Can you easily find the formula where you normally shop?
- Appropriateness: Does your toddler tolerate the formula well? Is he/she growing appropriately?
- Affordability: Is it value for money among some of the premium brands available in the market? Now here’s a secret tip: When evaluating a brand, consider the price per feed rather than the price per tin because the suggested scoops per feed and scoop size may vary.
Try Abbott’s Similac range
The Similac range of growing up milk (Similac Gain and Similac Total Comfort) offers great solutions.
They are scientifically formulated with changing nutritional needs in mind to support your growing child’s overall physical and mental development, whilst being the best price per feed among other premium formulas available in the market.
Also, Similac’s range of growing up milk contains ‘No palm oil’ and is formulated with a unique vegetable fat blend.
- Similac Gain Stage 3 contains 2′-FL; and IMMUNIFY® blend of 10 ingredients (Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, Copper, Folic Acid, Iron, Selenium and Zinc) that support your child’s natural body defenses. Its EyeQ Plus nutrition system includes Natural Vitamin E, Lutein; and DHA that supports brain and eye development.
- Similac Total Comfort Stage 3 is an easy-to-digest formula that is hypoallergenic and lactose free as part of its TummiCare nutrition system with 100% partially hydrolyzed whey protein broken down into smaller pieces. It also contains 2′-FL; and IMMUNIFY® blend of 10 ingredients (Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, Copper, Folic Acid, Iron, Selenium and Zinc) that support your child’s natural body defenses and is also LoFoam – refers to Abbott technology that forms fewer air bubbles when preparing formula. Designed for nutrient absorption, it provides complete nutrition with a gentle touch.
If you are interested in trying out the Similac range of growing-up milk (for children above 1 year old), request for a FREE Similac Gain 2′-FL Stage 3 or Similac Total Comfort 2′-FL Stage 3 Sample Kit today!