Buttermilk Banana Bread with Chia Seeds Recipe
Chia seeds are some of the best superfoods, packed with antioxidants, proteins and fibre. Enjoy the Buttermilk Banana Bread with Chia Seeds!
1/2 cup (113.5g) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium sized bananas)
1/4 cup (60ml) buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups (220g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until it turns light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix to combine.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in two batches and mix until just combined.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse to distribute.
- Transfer the batter into a lined and lightly greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer emerges cleanly.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- The bread can be stored in the fridge (in an air-tight container) for up to 5 days. Alternatively, it freezes well in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge before re-heating.