Buttermilk Banana Bread with Chia Seeds Recipe
Chia seeds are some of the best superfoods, packed with antioxidants, proteins and fibre. Enjoy the Buttermilk Banana Bread with Chia Seeds!
Chia seeds are some of the best superfoods that have earned huge followings worldwide. Packed with antioxidants and loaded with protein and fibre, they are great for the health-conscious folks too.
- 1/2 cup (113.5g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (220g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until it turns light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix to combine.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in two batches and mix until just combined.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse to distribute.
- Transfer the batter into a lined and lightly greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer emerges cleanly.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like, drizzle on some maple syrup on you freshly baked Buttermilk Banana Bread with Chia Seeds for extra oomph!