9 Best Bubble Teas In Singapore You Must Try
Here's the list of our favourite bubble tea places so you know where to go next when you need a boba fix. Read more here.
It’s official. Singapore is currently bubble tea-crazy. With everyone starting to develop a craving for sugary milk tea and tapioca bobas, we’ve decided to compile a list of our favourite places islandwide. Read on for our definitive list of the best bubble teas in Singapore.
1. The Alley
People who love brown sugar milk tea will know that The Alley was one of the bubble tea joints responsible for spearheading this trend. Since most people are already familiar with their signature drink, we decided to try out something different from their menu.
- A harmonious infusion of fresh fruits and fragrant tea.
- If you like the taste of Ribena, you will like this drink. However, we felt that it was a tad bit too sweet for our liking.
- Drink came with fixed ice and sweetness levels, and no new toppings can be added.
Peach Oolong Tea
- Refreshing treat in Singapore’s humid weather.
- It was not very sweet and had a mild hint of peach flavour that mixed in very nicely with the fragrant Oolong tea.
Taro Blast Boboshake
- This revised version of the popular flavour is a lot denser as real taro is used in the concoction.
- Includes small bits of chewy Taro Q, adding flavour and texture to it.
- People who like taro-flavoured drinks will love this as every sip is a satisfying burst of fresh yam flavours.
- This drink has the texture of a smoothie since it is ice-blended and every sip is filled with generous amounts of Oreo biscuits.
- Also comes with a hearty serving of black pearls.
- We found this drink dangerously addictive, but it is also so rich that we felt a little overwhelmed towards the end.
4. Tiger Sugar
As its name suggests, this chain’s best-sellers are the ones from the Brown Sugar Boba Milk with Cream Mousse line which are crafted from dark brown sugar syrup, fresh milk cream and homemade tapioca pearls. Since the pearls were cooked on low heat in brown sugar syrup, they are not only chewy but also surprisingly warm and infused with the caramel flavour. So, make sure to shake your drink well beforehand so that every sip is the perfect mix of fresh milk, sweet brown sugar and gigantic chewy pearls.