Fast and easy banana sultana muffin recipe
If you're looking for a snack for your kids that's healthy and quick, we've got just the thing for you to try! Banana Sultana muffins are a great source of fibre and the health benefits of bananas are endless!
From aiding with bowel movement to ensuring that you have a healthy kidney and bones. Better yet, this recipe will allow you to use up any overripe bananas lying around the kitchen.
Why not give this recipe a try? We're sure your whole family will be asking for more soon! Yum:)
- 3 large Bananas
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup sultanas
Preheat oven to 375F or 190C.
Mash bananas. Add sugar and slightly beaten egg, vanilla essence and mix well. Add the melted butter. Make a well in the middle and add the dry ingredients. Line your baking tray with cupcake holders and fill them up with the delicious batter! Bake for 20 min. Leave them to cool and enjoy!
- Try adding brown sugar to the tops of the muffins before baking. This gives them a nice crunchy contrast to the moist muffin.
- Substitute the sultanas with other dried fruit such as chopped apricots, raisins and nuts. You can even swap them for chocolate chips!
- The secret to a soft and moist muffins is not to over stir the batter, it should still be lumpy.