Bake a succulent whole roast chicken in milk tonight!
Adapted from Jamie Oliver's recipe, this tender roast chicken bathed in milk is bound to have your guests and family craving for more!
1 (1.5kg) whole chicken
Freshly grated black pepper
1 stick cinnamon
1 big handful sage leaves
zest of 2 lemons
10 cloves garlic, skin on
- Start by seasoning all sides of the chicken generously with salt and coarsely freshly grated black pepper.
- Sear the chicken in olive oil in a casserole. Take your time to sear the chicken well – this gives it some color as well as render out some of the fat.
- Transfer the chicken into a bowl and pour out all the oil from the casserole. Return the chicken into the casserole, breast side up.
- Add the garlic, sage, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Pour the milk into the casserole.
- Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours at 180°C. Baste the chicken with the sauce occasionally.
Serve up this piping hot roast chicken in milk, that's bound to wow your guests and family. Bring on those beer mugs or wine glasses and enjoy this delectable dish together!