127kg woman gives birth, 16 medical staff needed to deliver baby
A pregnant woman weighing 127kg had to be assisted by no less than 16 medical staff so that she would be able to give birth.
Hunan province, China. A woman was rushed to the hospital so that she can give birth. However, the medical staff immediately realised that they had a big problem on their hands when they saw that the woman weighed 127kg.
She was suffering from a wide range of diseases
Because of the woman's weight, she was suffering from a wide range of diseases, including preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and pulmonary hypertension just to name a few.
The doctors also had a hard time during the woman's examinations, as the nurses had to use their own body weight in order to prevent the doctors from being crushed by the woman.
Over 16 midwives and experts from the hospital's obstetrics and gynecology, anesthetics, and pediatrics departments worked together in order to successfully deliver the woman's baby.
The baby girl was delivered successfully
In spite of the overwhelming odds, the team had successfully delivered the woman's baby girl. The child was healthy and both she and her mother are currently recovering in the hospital.
News of the delivery has made waves in Weibo, China's top social media platform. They've been dubbed as the "most beautiful angels in white" by the people on the social media website.
The woman has previously given birth, and she's very happy to welcome her second child.
How to keep fit during your pregnancy
Being pregnant doesn't mean that you can just eat anything you want. A pregnant mother's health can directly impact her child's health as well.
That's why it's very important for pregnant moms to still keep fit so that their babies will be strong and healthy. Here are some helpful tips for moms who want to keep fit during their pregnancy:
- Walk around, or swim in a pool. Walking is the simplest form of exercise that pregnant mums can do. That's why you should always take the opportunity to walk around during your pregnancy since it helps keep you fit. Swimming is also a good activity for pregnant mums. The water helps support your weight, and swimming keeps your body strong.
- Engage in physical activity. Aside from walking and swimming, being active in general is important for pregnant mums. It helps keep the blood flowing, keeps your muscles strong, and reduces fatigue.
- Eat healthy food. You really are what you eat. Eating healthy food will not only keep you healthy but will also help in your baby's development so that they can grow up to be strong and healthy.
- Don't overdo it. While exercise is indeed important for pregnant women, it's important to know your limits and not to overdo it. Always consult your doctor if you wish to engage in heavier types of exercise.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Getting enough rest and sleep is as important for pregnant mums as exercise. Getting enough rest helps your body recover and helps a lot when it comes to the development of your baby.