Your baby could be the next Bepanthen® Happy Bum Baby
Here are five tips on how you can keep your baby healthy and happy. Plus, find out how your little one can become the next Bepanthen® Happy Bum Baby!
As a mum, your baby’s health is your top priority. Why? Because when your little one is healthy, they’re less fussy, easier to take care of and can be tons of fun to play with – this is every mother’s dream!
Not to mention, happy babies have been found to have a greater chance of becoming accomplished adults. So, how do you make sure that your little one is healthy and happy? Here are five tips:
1. Schedule regular check-ups
Keep track of your baby’s physical growth with regular visits to their pediatrician. During these visits, it’s important that you bring your little one’s baby book and that you make sure that they’re up-to-date with vaccinations as to protect them from illnesses.
2. Focus on good nutrition
Babies need to nurse at least eight to 12 times a day in the first month. As they get older, feedings may decrease to seven to nine times a day. Pay attention to your baby’s hunger cues, such as opening and closing of the mouth, sticking out their tongue, and nuzzling against your chest.
Furthermore, as soon as your baby turns six months old, they may be ready to start on solids: give a good mix of healthy fruit and vegetable purees, infant cereals, and milk to ensure that your baby is getting all the vitamins and minerals necessary.
3. Help your baby get enough sleep
If you want your baby to be alert and focused when awake, then make sure they get enough sleep.
You can do this by placing your baby into their crib when drowsy, by dimming the lights, and by making sure that the room is set to a comfortable temperature thus resulting to a conducive environment for sweet dreams.
Also, make sure that there are no unnecessary blankets, pillows or other soft objects around your baby to avoid entanglement and suffocation.
4. Protect your baby against germs
Create a clean and germ-free environment by disinfecting toys and play mats regularly.
Also, make it a point to always wash your hands before handling your baby and to have hand sanitiser nearby. In fact, make it a habit to clean your baby’s hands often, too, with a mild baby soap.
5. Make sure your baby has a happy bum
If there’s one thing a happy baby does not like, it’s a bum with nappy rashes – the red, puffy skin on the genitals, thighs and buttocks areas causes much discomfort and is unfortunately common among babies.
While nappy rashes are easily prevented by regularly changing soiled diapers, you can treat a nappy rash by first gently rinsing the affected area with lukewarm water. Then, apply an ointment like Bepanthen® Ointment, the No. 1 nappy rash ointment in Australia and New Zealand.
Click “Continue Reading” for more on Bepanthen® Ointment and for a chance to win amazing prizes!
A little Bepanthen® goes a long way
Bepanthen® Ointment is paraben-free and contains Pro-Vitamin B5 that helps your baby’s skin recover naturally from nappy rashes. In fact, it is so natural, it can even be used to heal cracked nipples caused by breastfeeding.
When you spread it on as a thin, transparent layer, it allows the skin to breathe, preventing nappy rash and soothes affected areas. It leaves no white residue and just a gentle wipe will do.
Try it yourself. Click here to request for a FREE Bepanthen® Ointment sample.
Is your baby the next Bepanthen® Happy Bum Baby?
Is your baby healthy and happy? Show us, and your little one just might be the next Bepanthen® Happy Bum Baby. One grand winner will receive a Bayer® hamper worth $150. What’s most exciting, though, is that your baby’s photo shall appear in the new Bepanthen® print ad.
Five runners up will also win Bayer® hampers worth $80 per set. To join, simply share the most recent photo of your baby, aged 10 months and below and leave a comment at the bottom of this post – telling us the answer to the following question:
How do you keep your baby healthy and happy?
Terms and Conditions:
- The contest is open to participants residing in Singapore only.
- Each participant is allowed to submit multiple entries.
- Submission and voting ends on 24 May 2015.
- Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: Bayer® Judges Panel (50%) and Public Voting (50%).
- A participant may only win once regardless of multiple submissions.
- Bayer® (South East Asia) reserves the right to change the terms and conditions stated at any time at its discretion without prior notice.
- Bayer® (South East Asia) reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) with other items of similar value at its own discretion without prior notice.
- Decisions will be made through a panel of judges assigned by Bayer® (South East Asia) Ltd. and all decisions made are considered to be final.
- Images submitted to theAsianparent by the contestants are free of any copyright, intellectual property, trademark or patent violations and are the sole property of the contestants.
- Upon submission of entries, Bayer® (South East Asia) receives consent to use photos as deemed fit, without requiring reference to the contestant.