During the confinement period, vege mama's should stock up on king oyster mushrooms, monkey head mushrooms, ginger, fungus, longan meat, red dates and wilderberries. Here are five yummy recipes using these ingredients!
Stir-Fried Veg Fish with Sesame Oil and Ginger
Soy fish is high in protein and low in fat. It is also a good source of fibre and isoflavones.
What you need
100g vegetarian fish, sliced
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons cooking rice wine or glutinous rice wine
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
What you do
1) Peel and finely shred the ginger
2)Heat the sesame oil in a wok over medium heat
3) Add the ginger and fry till fragrant
4) Add the sliced fish and stir-fry briskly. Drizzle wine over the fish and continue to stir-fry until the fish slices are tender.
5) Season to taste with sugar, light and dark soy sauce.
6) Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.