It's snowing or about to in other parts of the world and you wish you were there? Well, say hello to making your own snow angels and doing a little snowboarding at Snow City!
Snow City is the first permanent indoor snow centre in Singapore. Yes, our sunny Singapore now has real snow for everybody!At Snow City, one can escape from the hot and humid Singapore and experience a ' winter getaway ', right here at our very own doorstep!
The temperature of the place is maintained at zero degree round the year and the visitors can enjoy the chilly temperature as well as indulge in exciting and fun-filled activities in the snow.
- See and touch and play with snow
- Skiing (at certain times).
- Snowboarding (at certain times).
- Skiing / snowboarding lessons in the evenings
- One hour try-out sessions offered
- Educational workshops, demonstrations for schools and private groups offered.
- Interactive displays
- A short time in the Airlock acclimatizes your body to cold temperatures before you are permitted to enter the Snow Chamber.
- The Snow Chamber has 400mm snow, maintained at - 5° Celsius. Each week, 10 to 15 tonnes of snow are produced on-site with a specially designed snow gun
- The 60m long Snow Slope rises from ground level to a three-storey height. Walk up to the top using the walkways on either side of the slope. Adults and children can 'snowtube' - sit on inflatable tubes and slide down the slope.
- The Snow Play Area is a playground with a special slide for children, an igloo to explore and plenty of snow for a snowman or snowball fights.
- The Sub-Zero Exhibition offers interactive displays on low temperature science and related topics
- All visitors entering the snow chamber must be appropriately attired in our snow jackets & boots. You are required to be in long pants and socks.
- Helmets are provided for children below 6 years who wish to snowtube down the slope.
- Children under 3 years must be accompanied by an adult when they snow tube.
Address: 21 Jurong Town Hall Road, Snow City Building
(Beside the Omni Theatre, in the Singapore Science Centre complex)
|Admission Fee (Snow Play)
|Single session of 1 hour
||Per Child ( 3-16 years old): S$ 14.00 Per Adult: S$16
|Double session of 2 hours
||Per Child (3-16 years old): S$ 22.00 Per Adult: S$27
|(Charges include jackets, boots and use of snow tubes)
Tickets are available at Snow City, all NTUC Income branches, and the Income i-Shop.
MRT: Alight at the Jurong East MRT station.
• Take Bus Service 335 from the Jurong East MRT Interchange.
• Alternatively, walk from the MRT Station along the walkway between NTUC Fairprice and the Jurong Entertainment Centre to the Science Centre (about 10 minutes).
Bus: Services 66, 178, 198 and 335
View Larger Map
For the complete list of Family oriented places you can visit in Singapore, click here!