Why Are Child Car Seats Important?
When we are on the roads, it’s a hard truth that accidents do happen. In the first half of 2021 itself, the Singapore Police Force reported 3,635 fatalities and injuries from traffic incidents, a 17% increase compared to the year before1.
However safe your vehicle may be, no vehicle is 100% accident-proof. There’s only so much protection that airbags and other safety features can offer, especially to the little ones. In the event of a collision, babies and children are at higher risk of injury, and potentially death, simply because their bodies are smaller and much more fragile. Even if there isn’t an accident, a sudden manoeuvre can injure your child.
If you think that your child is safe in your arms, you are mistaken. Did you know that upon impact, the force you exert on your child could potentially crush him or her?
Using a car seat is the best way to protect your child when they are in a car. In fact, it is against the law in Singapore for children under the age of eight, or under 1.35m of height to ride in a car without a child car seat2. When installed correctly, a child seat ensures that your child is not thrown around in the vehicle during sudden manoeuvres or in the event of an accident. Having said that, it’s just as important that you choose a car seat that is of good quality, and one that is suitable for your child. Here’s what you need to look out for.
How to Choose the Right Child Car Seat
Choosing a child car seat isn’t quite like choosing a stroller. While you can of course choose something that is aesthetically pleasing, a lot more thought has to go into safety and functionality. It’s important to select a child seat that is suitable for your child’s age, height, and weight.
Next, you want to consider what type of child car seat you want and the level and type of protection it offers. There are three basic types of child car seats - rear-facing, forward-facing and seats that can be converted from rear to forward-facing. It is advisable for children to be in rear-facing seats until they reach the maximum weight or height allowed by the seat. Convertible seats work well if you would like the child car seat to last over the years. You can start out with rear-facing when your child is younger, and change the setting accordingly as they grow. However, these aren’t portable so they may not be the best option if you don’t have your own car.
Which leads to the next consideration – your lifestyle and convenience. When choosing a child car seat, you also want to think about what works best for your daily commute. Are you looking for something that can easily be moved around as you rely on public transport and taxis, or are you looking for something permanent in your car? You also want to think about the installation procedures.
Last but not least, choose a child car seat that is of good quality. Given that your child’s safety is of utmost importance, don’t compromise on choosing the best that you can afford. Hand-me-downs may be great for clothes and toys, but not necessarily for child car seats. This is because the seat may be damaged or gone past beyond it’s lifespan. Furthermore, a 2nd hand child car seat that was suitable for someone else’s child may not be the best fit for yours!
BeSafe – Quality Child Car Seats that Promise Safety and Comfort
If you’re looking for a child car seat that is reliable, and of quality, look no further than BeSafe, a family-owned Norwegian company that has been producing quality car seats for children from 1963! BeSafe takes pride in being the best safety and comfort choice when buying a car seat for your child. Whether you’re looking for a child car seat for your newborn or toddler, there’s something for everyone.
BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size
- Rear-facing baby seat is the first step of the popular iZi Modular concept, which consists of a baby seat, a toddler seat, and an ISOfix base that can be used with both
- Can be used from birth to approximately 12 months of age, and is certified as especially back-friendly by the German organisation AGR
- State-of-the-art safety features such as protection for the head area with the Dynamic Force AbsorberTM, additional Side Impact Protection (SIP+) that absorbs up to 20% of forces, 5-point harness for added stability in side impacts, wide harness belts and shoulder pads
- Advanced comfort tailor-made for babies with a Soft Newborn HuggerTM – a cleverly placed wedge for stability, support and optimised recline angle for newborns
- A variety of smart functions for everyday travels – installs with just one click, Magnetic Belt AssistantsTM
- Can easily be clicked onto most leading strollers and ergonomically shaped carrying handles
BeSafe iZi Modular X1 i-Size
- Can be used from approximately 6 months to 4 years of age (max weight 18kg)
- Flexible and space-saving toddler seat
- Dynamic Force AbsorberTM, additional SIP+, and Ergo-Move Shoulder PadsTM
- Voted best-performing 2-way seat in 2020
- Allows children to travel five times safer rear facing
- 3-step adjustable legroom for extra space on longer journeys
- Two-Fit CushionsTM for an individual adjustment to the child
- 10-step adjustable headrest to grow with the child
- Can easily and flexible moved between cars as the seat is separate from the base
To Last Over the Years
BeSafe iZi Turn B i-Size
- 2-in-1 car seat that gives your child safer travels from birth on and expands to a flexible 360 degree rotation as your child grows older
- Can be used from birth to 4 years of age
- Baby-Secure SwivelTM for safer rotation from birth on
- Universal Level TechnologyTM for more comfortable journeys and for the perfect sitting angle for your child in any car
- Baby-ShellTM for a comfortable usage from birth with protective side walls and an especially back-friendly position
All of BeSafe’s car seats are also come with the following features for maximum comfort and security.
- Dynamic Force Absorber
A new, state-of-the-art solution in the head area of the seat’s side wings. It provides optimal protection for your baby’s most vulnerable body parts – the head and the neck. This helps to optimally absorb forces in a side impact.
- AGR Certification
Certified as back-friendly by the German back-development expert organisation AGR.
- Additional Side-Impact Protection (SIP+)
For Convenience and Travelling
BeSafe iZi Modular i-Size Base
A child car seat base that can easily be connected to the ISOfix points in the car with clear indicators to show when the base is correctly fitted. As this is separate from the child car seat, it allows you to easily move the seat and base between cars, perfect for families with several cars!
BeSafe car seats has a host of safety, comfort and smart features that keep your child safe and makes your daily commute so much simpler!
Mums and Dads, remember, never compromise on your child’s safety. With the right child car seat, you can travel with the peace of mind and getting your child in and out of the car will be a breeze as well. You can get BeSafe child car seats at Lazada or at official retailers: Motherworks, Pramfox, Little Baby, First Few Years, Savvymama and Babystore. BeSafe and travelling with your child will never be the same again!