3 Smart ways to protect your loved ones through life's rollercoaster
Because life is too full of good things to let worries take over...
Have you ever had that kind of a day when you longingly thought back to your carefree childhood days? These days were coloured by no responsibilities, no worries in the world and little care of danger.
Now that you are a parent, things are not the same. When your child was born, you were born as a parent, and along with this came a whole new sense of love… and, whether you like it or not, anxiety.
These two emotions are closely linked when it comes to your children’s health, well-being, and lifelong security. The worry may extend to your own life, health, and future. For example, many people are concerned about being affected by critical illness, or what life will be like in old age and retirement.
Yes, it’s true that along with adulthood and parenthood come a huge number of responsibilities and worries. But at the same time, you need to know that you don’t have to tackle these anxieties alone.
By planning ahead for each stage of your life — whether it’s getting married, having children, owning a home, or retirement — you can better equip yourself to tackle each challenge in the best way possible. Getting a good insurance plan is one effective way you can do this.
Here are three solid insurance plans from Etiqa, the trusted insurance arm of Maybank, that can support both you and your children throughout your lifetime, easing your worries so that you can keep smiling.
1. ePROTECT lifetime
If you are worried about that illness or even death will prematurely take you away from your loved ones or affect your children’s financial future, then this policy is perfect for you and will bring about much needed peace of mind.
A valuable bonus of this plan? Much-needed security during your retirement years.
Here are the key features of ePROTECT lifetime:
- You will get lifetime protection with a guaranteed death benefit of up to three times the sum insured before the policy anniversary at age 65. This includes protection against death, terminal illness, and total and permanent disability.
- On retirement (policy anniversary when you attain age 65), you get a lump sum retirement payment. You’ll continue to enjoy continuous protection even after receiving this benefit.
- Enjoy coverage as long as you live by paying your premiums for only 15 years.
This policy also comes with the following riders that ensure even more protection:
- eXTRA multiplier: This will boost your protections to at least five times the sum insured before the policy anniversary at age 65.
- eXTRA secure (limited pay): With this, you’ll benefit from advance payment if you are diagnosed with any of the covered critical illnesses before the policy anniversary at age 65.
- eXTRA secure waiver: Continue your policy without paying premiums if you are diagnosed with any of the covered critical illnesses.
- eXTRA payer waiver: Continue your policy without paying premiums until the life insured reaches age 25, in the event of the payer’s death, diagnosis of total and permanent disability, or any of the covered critical illnesses.
For more, please follow this link.
On the next page, find out about how you can provide a lasting legacy for your family members.
2. ePREMIER legacy
It’s not easy making your way to the top. Making sure you and your family stay there is even more challenging. Choosing the right strategy and plan can help ensure the lifestyle you’ve become accustomed to continues for you and your loved ones. Etiqa understands this all too well, and offers you a carefully tailored policy – ePREMIER legacy III.
This single premium whole life insurance plan is designed to grow and preserve your wealth, enabling you to continue enjoying your current lifestyle while securing your future. It works hard for you, so you can enjoy those golden years, while leaving an everlasting legacy for the ones you love.
Here are the stand-out features of this policy:
- Just a one-off payment entitles you to a lifetime of protection against death and terminal illnesses.
- You will benefit from a Guaranteed Death Benefit (GDB) offering high protection of up to 238% of your sum insured before the policy anniversary at age 90. Etiqa goes above and beyond the norm to give you the protection you need.
- Etiqa understands that you can never predict what can happen in the near future. You are guaranteed immediate liquidity of 80% of your premium payment any time after the policy is issued.
Please click this link for more about ePREMIER legacy III.
Alternatively, ePREMIER legacy IV features a policy anniversary age of 85, with high protection of up to 285% of your sum insured. In addition, the plan provides guaranteed immediate liquidity that will increase over time. Learn more about ePREMIER legacy IV here.
3. ePROTECT mortgage
Sometimes, paying off a mortgage can span most of a lifetime. But what happens if you are unexpectedly struck down by terminal illness, or worse still, death? Will your beloved family be left without a home to call their own? Not if you get protected by ePROTECT mortgage.
Because the good folk at Etiqa Insurance understand that home is where the heart is, they designed this policy especially to take care of your mortgage loan in the event that you are no longer able to.
Check out some of the great features of this policy:
- You’ll receive a reducing lump sum benefit (based on your coverage and chosen interest rate) on death, total and permanent disability or terminal illness. If and when needed, a cash advance is provided for immediate funeral expense financial aid.
- You get to choose your preferred interest rate from 1% to 4% depending on your mortgage loan interest.
- You’ll be protected up to age next birthday 75 with a choice of policy term between 6 to 40 years.
- Pay premiums for only 90% of your policy term (round up), e.g. pay 27 years for 30 years of cover.
You can make this policy go even further for you by considering the eXTRA secure waiver. With this rider, you can continue the policy without paying premiums if the life insured is diagnosed with any of the covered critical illness.
Follow this link to read more about this policy.
Mums and dads, life is full of uncertainties — we all know this. But at the same time, life is also full of beautiful memories and experiences, coloured with love and happiness.
Don’t let the uncertainties take over your life. No matter what your needs, Etiqa Insurance has you covered through different life stages to keep you smiling.