Primary One Registration 2012 - Phases
Are you registering your child for Primary ONE this year? What are the different phases and which phase does your child belong to? We answer your basic questions here.
Category 1: Children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Sibling connection – For a child who has a sibling studying in a school of choice.
- Be an old boy or girl – parent is a former student of the school and has joined the alumni association as a member not later than Jun 2010 or whose parent is a member of the School Advisory/Management Committee.
- For a child whose parent or sibling has studied in the school of choice; or whose parent is a staff member of the school of choice.
- For a child whose parent has joined the school as a parent volunteer not later than 1 July 2009 and has given at least 40 hours of voluntary service to the school by 30 June 2010; or whose parent is a member endorsed by the church/clan directly connected with the school; or whose parent is endorsed as an active community leader.
- For a child who is ineligible for or unsuccessful in earlier phases.
Phase 2C Supplementary
- For a child who is unsuccessful in gaining a place in a school of choice at Phase 2C.
Category 2: Children who are foreigners (neither Singapore Citizens nor Singapore Permanent Residents)
- For a child who is neither a Singapore Citizen nor a Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Should the number of applications exceed the number of vacancies in any phase, places will be balloted according to the following order of priority. From 2010, Singapore Citizens will be given two ballot slips for each child, while Singapore Permanent Residents will continue to get one ballot slip per child.
- Children living within 1 km of the school of choice.
- Children living between 1 km and 2 km of the school of choice.
- Children living outside 2 km of the school of choice.↩
- At the end of Phase 2A(2), 50% of the remaining places will be allocated for Phase 2B and the other 50% for Phase 2C registrants in a school. In the event that less than 50% of the allocated vacancies are taken up at Phase 2B, the remaining vacancies will be carried forward to Phase 2C. ↩
- Children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and who have not registered at any of the earlier phases are also eligible to register at this phase. Registration in this phase will be done on a first-come-first-served basis. ↩
Source: Ministry of Education
For more related articles on primary school registration and enrolment, see: