Girl, 14, dies after DIY popcorn maker explodes

Girl, 14, dies after DIY popcorn maker explodes

Apparently, the victim and her friend had seen a viral clip teaching viewers how to make popcorn using a drink can...

A girl in China died from severe burns on 5 September 2019, after her attempts at imitating a popcorn making trick went horribly wrong.

According to Chinese media, 14-year-old Zhou and her 12-year-old friend, Peng, had seen a viral clip teaching viewers how to make popcorn using a drink can.

The two then proceeded to do the same by placing corn kernels in an empty aluminium can and lighting alcohol in another aluminium can that was placed below it.

Written by

asiaone

app info
get app banner