Bring your kids to watch "The Bird Who Was Afraid of Heights"
Check out sensory-friendly performances of this interactive show and watch your child - with special needs or otherwise - relax, learn and enjoy.
Esplanade Theatre Studio presents “PLAYtime! The Bird Who Was Afraid of Heights”, which is adapted from the book of the same title by Farah Bagharib-Kaltz.
Directed by Ian Loy, this production allows you to choose sensory-friendly performances suitable for children with special needs of all ages and abilities. Children will surely enjoy this show, which is interactive and encourages children to move with the characters. Oh, and did we mention that they get to sit on the floor instead of stiff seats?
Expect the following friendly, comforting, and supportive features that will put even the littlest one at ease:
• A generally brighter environment, with no total blackouts
• No sudden loud sounds
• Free and easy access into and out of the theatre during performances
About the show
Being afraid of heights isn’t such a big deal – unless you’re a bird! Meet Eddie, a mynah who lives behind an abandoned old house with Matt the rat, his only friend.
One day, Matt is captured by the big, black crow! What does Eddie have to do to save his best friend? Will he have the courage to do it?
Flutter, flap, and fly with Eddie as he attempts the bravest rescue ever in the history of bird-kind! Watch the magic of theatre, music, and puppetry unfold right before your eyes in this delightful performance for children aged 2 to 4.
PLAYtime! The Bird Who was Afraid of Heights
- Adapted from the book by Farah Bagharib-Kaltz and illustrated by Eeshaun
- Directed by Ian Loy
- Script by Script by Zizi Azah binte Abdul Majid
- Music by Stan x Soap
- Production Design by Bernice Ong
- Recommended for 2 – 4 year olds
- 40 mins. Audience will be seated on the floor.
- Bright Ong
- Cheryl Kjm
- Venytha Yoshiantini
- Yazid Jalil
Schedule and Venue
- Esplanade Theatre Studio
- 12 Aug, Fri – 28 Aug 2016, Sun
- (No shows on 15 & 22 Aug, Mon)
- Weekday timings: 9.30am & 11am
- Weekend timings: 11am & 4pm
- 23 Aug, Tue, 11am & 2.30pm
- 27 Aug, Sat, 11am
- Standard Ticket: $18
- Package of 4: $64
- For school bookings, please call Esplanade Box Office at 6828 8389
- Tickets for the sensory-friendly performances on 15 & 16 May, Sun & Mon can be purchased from Esplanade Box Office (please quote password: sensory friendly). For school group bookings and enquiries, please email [email protected] or call Esplanade Box Office at 6828 8389
- Book now! www.esplanade.com/playtime.
- Tickets from Esplanade Box Office and SISTIC authorised agents. SISTIC hotline: 6348 5555
- Tickets are required for all patrons (including infants-in-arm). Full ticketing details at www.sistic.com.
- Terms and conditions apply.
Need a place to take a break and relax from the performance? Feel free to take a step out into PIP’s PLAYbox (located just next to the Theatre Studio) after watching The Bird Who Was Afraid Of Heights.