We’ve all dealt with ‘smelly situations’ in our homes — whether it’s the trash can, garbage chute or baby’s diaper bin — and the way most of us would probably get rid of the offensive smell is to attack it with a harsh chemical such as bleach.
However, there is an effective and all-natural alternative to using harsh chemicals to get rid of smells. You just need to make your own deodorising discs which you can then pop in places which often get smelly.
Here’s how to make them:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1-2 cups distilled water (or use water that has been boiled for 10 minutes)
- Lavender or citrus essential oil
- Silicone mold or muffin pan
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO
- Add 3 to 4 drops of essential oil to approximately 1/2 cup water.
- Pour the water/oil mixture into the baking soda and mix well.
- Continue to add water until you have a thick paste.
- Divide the mixture into your molds or muffin tin cups.
- Let the discs dry for 24 to 48 hours, until completely hardened.
- Pop a disc in the bottom of your garbage bin, diaper bin or wherever else needs deodorising — it should last for about a month.
Image and information from ‘one good thing by Jillee’