KidZania Singapore continues to take shape with 9 new partners
At KidZania Singapore, your child will have hours of fun playing a dentist, a mountaineer and an optometrist among many other professions. Keep reading to know what more is in store for kids at KidZania.
KidZania, the world’s fastest growing experiential edutainment attraction, is set to open their doors to kids in Singapore in the second half of 2015 at Sentosa Island.
The organisers of KidZania Singapore aim to provide children with a “holistic edutainment experience” that is especially designed to aid social, emotional and intellectual growth through the development of work and study skills, positive attitudes, creative thinking and self-esteem.
So, as the excitement builds for the launch, KidZania Singapore is working hard behind the scenes building partnerships with organisations and local educators. Their objective is to enhance the attraction’s activities in order to make a child’s experience at KidZania more holistic.
As such, KidZania recently announced their partnership with nine new organisations. These partnerships were built with the intention of giving children insight into various professions and provide them with the opportunity to immerse themselves in more real-life situations and activities.
Kids will be able to experience the following professions:
- Food and Beverage – At the Sticky Candy Store, children will be able to create their own candy in the role of a candy specialist. They can even bring their creation home with them!
- Science – At the Abbot Milk Innovation Lab, kids will experience being in the role of a food scientist. They will learn about the science and process behind how growing-up milk is made. In addition, they will be able to create their own milk packages too.
- Media – Kids will step into the shoes of a radio DJ and play chart-topping hits, read the news, and co-host programmes with the DJs of Kiss92. They will also get to bring home with them a copy of their recording.
- Retail – Kids will take charge of a 7-Eleven Convenience Store as a store owner. They can also be a financially-savvy shopper and learn to spot great deals while maximising the budget.
- Specialist services – Kids can step into the role of an optometrist at Carl Zeiss & Nanyang Optical where they will be able to advise clients on selecting the right lenses and frames. They will also learn how to check their own eyes and ensure they are in top condition.
- Sports – At Camp Challenge, kids will be able to pretend to be mountaineers and test their courage and confidence while improving their psycho-motor skills in the process. Maneuvering through obstacle courses and persevering to reach the summit of the mountain will also be part of this exciting adventure.
- Health – Kids will learn about oral hygiene, the building blocks of a bright smile, and preventing cavities when they step into the shoes of a dentist at the Sunstar Dental Clinic.
After an amazing experience of role-playing these professions, children can enjoy authentic Indonesian cuisine in the Warung M Nasir cafeteria.
KidZania Singapore hopes to establish partnerships with as many as 30 organisations by the time they open. They are ready close to their goal with 23 partners, which include Pizza Hut, The Learning Lab, Nickelodeon, PictureAir, Maybank, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, Yakult, and The Soup Spoon.
KidZania’s industry partners are enthusiastic about joining forces in this mega project.
Ms. Hui Hwa Koh-Minjoot, the Regional General Manager of Abbott says that the Abbott Milk Factory at KidZania is modelled after the Abbott Manufacturing Plant in Singapore.
She says, “While they (the kids) go through the activities, they will also have the opportunity to discover the nutritional value and the role of growing-up milk as part of a balanced diet”.
Mr. Ven Raman, the Managing Director for Carl Zeiss S.E.A, says, “The partnerships of Zeiss, Nanyang Optical and KidZania will for certain, enhance the value of understanding good vision care amongst the community and in particular with our children.”
Talking about the radio station Kiss92’s involvement with KidZania, Mr. Sim Hong Huat, the General Manager for Kiss92 states that the station is “excited” to be part of KidZania as many of their young fans will be able to feel what it is like to be a radio DJ.
“As Singapore’s only radio station targetting women and families, it is an opportunity for parent-child interaction, as parents relive their child’s experience with Kiss92 while tuning into the station,” he adds.
We hope you are excited about and looking forward to the opening on KidZania here in Singapore.
Check out www.kidzania.com.sg for more information and to stay updated on the impending launch date!
We’d love to hear your thoughts about the exciting events KidZania Singapore has in store for your little ones. Let us know by leaving a comment below.