As the popularity of kiddie cooking shows like Junior Masterchef, more and more kids have developed an interest in honing their skills in the kitchen.
Though baking is a precise, acquired skill, it doesn’t mean it can’t be fun!
Here are no muss, no fuss, no-bake dessert recipes to set your little one on their way to becoming the next culinary sensation!
Easy After School Snacks: 5 N0-bake Dessert Recipes
1. Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
These luscious easy after school snacks takes only 5 minutes to make and is best enjoyed cold!
- Brownie mix
- Peanut butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup of milk
- Heat treat the brownie mix in the microwave or in the oven to 165℉. E
- Mix in the peanut butter of your desired amount.
- Add milk until the dough is a consistency that will stick together when rolled.
- Use a small cookie trigger scoop to help make all the brownie bites the same size and roll the dough into a ball.
- Store them in a sealed container in the fridge and enjoy whenever!
Full recipe from House of Yumm.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Eclair Cake
Satisfy your sweet tooth in a flash with this delectable treat made up of layers of graham crackers, strawberry pudding, and jam! This will take 30 minutes to prepare and will serve 12.
- 1x 3.4-ounce box instant Strawberry Creme Jello pudding mix (replace with instant vanilla pudding and Strawberry Jello powder if unavailable)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip + extra for garnish
- Graham crackers
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/4 cups sugar
- Whisk together the instant pudding and milk. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Place a layer of graham cracker in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Spread half the pudding on the crackers.
- Cover with another layer of crackers. Add the rest of the pudding over the middle layer of crackers.
- Top with one more row of crackers. You may need to break some into small pieces to cover all the pudding. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until it gets thick, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool. Spread over the top of the mixture in the pan and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Cut into 12 slices. Top with more Cool Whip and extra strawberries before serving.
Full recipe from Inside BruCrew Life.
3. Chocolate Cheesecake Pudding Pie
This decadent and simple pie with a flaky crust only takes 10 minutes to make and serves 8 people!
- 9-inch graham cracker crust see notes for instructions for making your own
- 3.4 oz. box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 c. cold milk I used 1%
- 11.5 oz. Philadelphia whipped cream cheese
Graham cracker crust:
To make your own crust, stir together 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, and 5 tbsp. melted butter. Press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Add cream cheese, and whisk until smooth, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Evenly spread pudding filling into cooled, prepared crust. Place in refrigerator to set for at least 5 minutes before serving. (Pie can be kept in the refrigerator for at least three days.)
Full recipe from The Weary Chef
4. Butterscotch Banana Pudding Parfait
This treat is both creamy and crunchy! This serves about 4 people and takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- 32 floz prepared butterscotch pudding (or 1 box instant butterscotch pudding plus 2 c. cold milk, prepared according to package directions)
- 12 gingersnap cookies broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bananas sliced
- 16 floz non-dairy whipped topping approximate measurement
- Spread about 2 tbsp. pudding into the bottom of an 8 oz. glass. Arrange an even layer of banana slices over the pudding, then sprinkle gingersnap pieces over the bananas. Carefully spread about 3 tbsp. whipped topping over the gingersnaps.
- Repeat the layers in step one once more, then top with a final dollop of whipped topping.
- Repeat this process in three more 8-oz. glasses. Serve and enjoy!
Full recipe from The Weary Chef.
5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Treats
This crunchy, sweet sensation will only take you 15 minutes to prepare (sans cooling time)—one of the perfect easy after school snacks!
- 320 mini chocolate rice cakes you can use plain if you prefer
- 1/4 c. chunky peanut butter
- 3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate I used 56% cacao
- Arrange rice cakes on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread about 1/2 tsp. of peanut butter on each one.
- Break up chocolate into about 1″ squares, and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, and stir. (Chocolate will still be mostly unmelted, but stir anyway.) Heat 30 seconds more, and stir. Heat an additional 15-30 seconds if needed, and stir until all chocolate is melted, smooth, and shiny.
- Drop about 1/2 tsp. of melted chocolate onto each peanut butter covered rice cake. Spread the chocolate evenly to cover the top. (I dropped chocolate on 4-5 at a time, spread the chocolate, and then did a few more.) Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes to let the chocolate harden. Eat!
Full recipe from The Weary Chef.
10 Easy Dalgona Coffee Alternative Drink Recipes for Kids