Children love baked goods like a quiche that has a creamy filling and crunchy crust.
Try this Carrot Quiche Recipe from Recipe.com!
1.9 inch folded refrigerated unbaked piecrust
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. Let piecrust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unfold piecrust and ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute as desired. Line pastry with double thickness of foil.
2. Bake in a 230 degree C oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more.
3. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 163 degrees C.
4. In a small saucepan cook carrot and green onion in a small amount of water about 4 minutes or until tender. Drain, pressing out excess liquid with the back of a spoon. Set vegetables aside.
5. In a mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt, and nutmeg. Add carrot and onion; set aside. Toss together cheese and flour. Place piecrust with cheese mixture on oven rack. Carefully pour in egg-vegetable mixture.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.