Here’s How To Submit Your Own Breastfeeding Art On Viral Campaign!
Breastfeeding mums across social media have been posting beautifully edited pictures of themselves nursing, in a viral campaign to normalise breastfeeding.
Whether edited by friends or themselves, everyone hopping on this trend is promoting breastfeeding with hashtags #treeoflife and #normalisebreastfeeding.
The Tree of Life in its various forms is recognised in all cultures as a symbol of immortality and eternal life. It is beautiful to see this being synonymous to breastfeeding.
Pictures of trees with roots are incorporated into pictures of mum and bubs nursing. The roots stem out from the breast where it flourishes onto bubs as a tree. It’s significance is almost as though mums all across the world are giving the elixir of life to every child they nurse.
But breastfeeding is not limited to direct latching mums only. Exclusive pumping mums who tirelessly pump around the clock and at work have also come on board with the same hashtags with an additional hashtag saying #sometimesbreastfeedinglookslikethis.
- Google ‘transparent tree’ or ‘transparent leaves, roots, etc.’ and download a few to your phone.
- Download the PicsArt app.
- Upload the breastfeeding photo you’d like to edit to PicsArt.
- Scroll through the bottom selections until you find the ‘add photo’ button.
- Add your tree, roots or flowers images.
- Once your photo is on picture adjust it to where you want it.
- A new list of options will appear on the bottom of the screen. Make sure the ‘blend’ is clicked and highlighted in blue. Scroll through the option directly above them and find the option ‘overlay’ to make the tree more transparent to blend into the photo
- Hit the check mark at the top right of the screen.
- Click the ‘magic’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll through the options and choose the ‘rainbow’ effect.
Share your image in social with the hashtags #normalisebreastfeeding and #treeoflife. Then Tag The Meaning of Grace on Instagram @themeaningofgrace
Credit: The Meaning of Grace
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below.