Do chunks of your hair come off with every brush? Does the amount of hair clog up the shower drain after every shower distress you? Doctors state that while it is completely normal to shed between 50 and 100 hairs a day, excessive hair loss is concerning because temporary hair loss can result in accelerative and permanent effects. Searching for the best shampoo for hair loss Singapore has for women is completely understandable.
Although there’s a multitude of reasons that can cause hair loss, pregnancy and childbirth are two common factors. Moms and moms-to-be, you are not alone!
With the high levels of estrogen hormone during pregnancy, some women are blessed with thick and lustrous hair but others may experience a condition called telogen effluvium due to stress or shock, which results in hair thinning.
Conversely, postpartum hair loss or post-natal hair loss caused by the drop in estrogen level can last anywhere from the birth of your infant to as long as a year, usually peaking at the fourth month. While no shampoo can stop hair loss, choosing the right product for your hair type can reduce excessive hair trouble and make your thinning appear more volumised.
Finding the best shampoo for hair loss in Singapore
So, what is the best shampoo for hair loss Singapore has for you? Familiarise yourself with your scalp and hair type first, then read on to find out the best shampoo for hair loss females and women use in Singapore.
- Oily scalps, caused by overactive sebaceous glands on the glands on scalp, accumulate around the roots and clogs up the pores, making the hair limp and flat. It is difficult for normal volumising or styling products to hold.
- A normal, healthy scalp is free of flakes and irritation. It has the right balance of sebaceous glands and is not overly prone to dryness or itchiness.
- Dry scalps tend to suffer from flaking and constant itching, causing hair to appear frizzy, dull and rough.
8 best shampoo brands for hair loss in Singapore
The Best Hair Loss Shampoo in Singapore
Mama's Choice Treatment Shampoo for Postpartum Hair Loss
|Buy from Shopee|
SMiB Coral Calcium Loss Shampoo
Dr Groot Anti Hair Loss Shampoo for Thin Hair
Nature Republic Black Bean Shampoo
Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
Klorane Quinine Shampoo
Petal Fresh® Hair ResQ™ Thickening Shampoo
Innisfree My Hair Strength Shampoo
|Buy from Lazada|
Best postpartum hair loss shampoo
Created specifically for pregnant and breastfeeding mums, the Mama’s Choice Treatment Shampoo is made with a blend of natural ingredients guaranteed to be safe for you and your baby. This pregnancy-safe best shampoo for hair loss Singapore has for pregnant women is completely free of harmful chemicals, so that’s one less thing to stress over!
The nutritious combination of kiwi, candlenut and green peas infused in the best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans use will simultaneously stimulate hair growth and reduce postpartum hair loss, not to mention it comes at an affordable price too!
Best shampoo for hair loss and oily scalp
Experiencing hair loss when you have an oily scalp can be extra frustrating as the excess amounts of oil clogs up your pores and prevents hair growth. The SMiB is a Korean top selling hair loss product that targets oily scalp and works to increase your hair density in just weeks!
The key ingredient in this best shampoo for hair loss Singapore has in the “oily" market is high-grade coral calcium that restores your scalp to its natural pH level and nourishes weakened hair.
Best shampoo for hair loss and dandruff
If your hair is prone to dandruff, then Dr Groot’s best shampoo for hair loss Singapore has for dandruff-affected people! All the ingredients in this mix are natural and free of silicone, paraben and surfactant, which can further weaken your hair.
This best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans use is enriched with red ginseng, black vinegar, and lingzhi mushroom extract to encourage hair growth and strengthen the roots, making your hair appear lush and volumised. Tackle both dandruff and hair loss problems at once with this product!
Best shampoo for hair loss and dry and itchy scalp
Not only does the Nature Republic Black Bean Anti Hair Loss Shampoo reduce hair loss by removing excess sebum, it also soothes a dry and itchy scalp.
Infused with black beans that are rich in nutrients such as protein, zinc and biotin, this best shampoo for hair loss Singapore people use for sebum removal encourages the hair’s natural growth and repair cycle.
Dry and itchy scalps are prone to flakes, which can easily be removed by the salicylic acid included in this formula.
Best shampoo for hair loss for those on a budget
If you want an affordable yet effective best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans use, the Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Good Shampoo for Hair Loss is a perfect match!
Despite being priced at only $17.91 for two bottles, this best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans use has no shortage of quality ingredients such as natural proteins of soy and wheat that nourishes and smoothens hair.
Moreover, the two other key ingredients of castor oil and caffeine stimulate hair growth. This best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans is effective for all hair types and is safe to use on coloured or permed hair.
Best shampoo for hair loss and for weak and damaged hair
If you have weak and damaged hair that is prone to breakage, try the Klorane Quinine Good Shampoo for Hair Loss that contains quinine bark extract.
This good shampoo for hair loss not only stimulates hair growth but also strengthens and restores health to your hair. Its key ingredients of vitamin B5 and B6 work to hydrate and fortify each and every strand of hair to revitalise it.
Best shampoo for hair loss that is vegan
Petal Fresh is vegan, colour safe, gluten-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and phthalates-free. Besides containing biotin and caffeine that helps to revitalise your hair and energises the scalp, this good shampoo for hair loss also includes organic peppermint extracts that will help your hair grow faster and thicker.
Best shampoo for hair loss and roots-strengthening
Innisfree’s My Hair Strength Shampoo features a combination of ingredients such as Jeju pine, cedar and cypress that cleans and soothes the scalp. Not only that, this potent blend works together to strengthen weakened hair roots and boosts blood circulation in the scalp.
With every use, you can expect improvement in your hair’s overall health and a scent that will remind you of the woods!
- Beneficial Ingredients: This best shampoo for hair loss female Singaporeans use contains Jeju pine, cedar and cypress that help ease the stress on the scalp.
- Safety: This good shampoo for hair loss is silicone-free.
- Price: $15 per 330 ml bottle.
Here’s a quick look at the prices of the product mentioned:
Editor’s Note: Each item and price is up to date at the time of publication. However, an item may be sold out or the price may be different at a later date.
How to shampoo hair properly?
Now that you know the shampoo brands in the market, how do you use it?
- First, wet your hair with warm water. This will help to open up the cuticles and allow the shampoo people use to cleanse the scalp effectively.
- Next, apply a small amount of hair loss shampoo Singapore manufacturers sell to your palms and rub them together to create a lather.
- Gently massage the lather into your scalp using your fingertips. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the hair loss shampoo Singapore people use out of your hair, as any leftover product can lead to build-up and potentially exacerbate hair loss.
- After rinsing, follow up with a conditioner to help detangle and moisturize the hair.
- When drying your hair, be sure to pat it gently with a towel rather than rubbing it, as rough towel drying can cause further hair loss.
- Finally, consider using a hair loss shampoo Singapore people use on a daily that is specifically formulated to promote hair growth and reduce shedding. This can help to nourish the scalp and support the health of your hair.
All about Korean shampoo for hair loss
If you are looking for high-quality Korean shampoo for hair loss, there are a few key things to consider.
- Firstly, it is important to choose a Korean shampoo for hair loss that is formulated with natural ingredients, as these are less likely to irritate the scalp or cause further hair loss.
- Secondly, look for a Korean shampoo for hair loss that is enriched with nutrients and vitamins that are known to support healthy hair growth, such as biotin and keratin.
- Thirdly, consider choosing a Korean shampoo for hair loss that is gentle enough to use on a daily basis, as frequent washing with a harsh shampoo can strip the hair of its natural oils and lead to further hair loss.
- Fourthly, look for a Korean shampoo for hair loss that is free from sulfates, parabens, and other synthetic additives, as these can be harsh and potentially damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Finally, try to find a Korean shampoo for hair loss that has been specifically formulated for your hair type, whether it be oily, dry, or somewhere in between.
By following these tips, you can help to nourish and strengthen your hair and potentially reduce hair loss.
Best shampoo ingredients to avoid hair loss
There are a few key ingredients that you may find in dermatologist recommended shampoo for hair loss. Here are a few examples:
- Minoxidil – Minoxidil in a dermatologist recommended shampoo for hair loss is a medication that is approved by the FDA for the treatment of hair loss.
- Ketoconazole – Ketoconazole is an antifungal medication used in the treatment of hair loss.
- Biotin – Biotin in a dermatologist recommended shampoo for hair loss is a B vitamin that is essential for healthy hair growth.
- Niacin – Niacin improves blood flow to the scalp and supports healthy hair growth.
- Zinc – Zinc is a mineral that is essential for healthy hair growth. It’s important to note that the specific ingredients will vary depending on the specific formulation and the underlying cause of the hair loss.
Avoiding hair loss in general
There are a few simple steps you can take to help prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair growth:
Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
Getting the right nutrients, including protein, iron, and vitamins, can help support healthy hair growth.
Avoid using heat-styling tools excessively.
Heat styling tools, such as blow dryers and flat irons, can damage the hair and lead to breakage. Try to use them sparingly, and always use a heat protectant spray to minimize the risk of damage.
Avoid tight hairstyles.
Wearing tight hairstyles, such as ponytails or braids, can put a strain on the hair and lead to breakage. Try to avoid wearing these types of hairstyles too frequently and opt for looser styles instead.
Avoid harsh hair care products.
Using harsh hair care products, such as shampoos and conditioners that contain sulfates and parabens, can strip the hair of its natural oils and lead to dryness and breakage. Look for products that are sulfate-free and free from synthetic additives.
Get regular trims.
Getting regular trims can help to remove split ends and prevent further damage to the hair. Aim to get a trim every 6-8 weeks or as needed.
Protect your hair from the sun.
Exposure to the sun’s UV rays can damage the hair and lead to dryness and breakage. Be sure to protect your hair by wearing a hat or using a leave-in conditioner with UV protection when spending time outside.
Avoid using hair styling products with high alcohol content.
Alcohol-based hair styling products can dry out the hair and lead to breakage. Look for products with a lower alcohol content or opt for alcohol-free alternatives.
By following these healthy tips, you can help to keep your hair strong and prevent hair loss.
Not all conditioners are pregnancy safe. Here’s our top picks on pregnancy safe anti hair loss conditioners.