108 awesome places for fun with your family in Singapore (UPDATE)
Looking for a healthy dose of fun for your family this weekend? Spoil your kids with these ultra-fun, family-friendly places in Singapore.
Alright mums and dads, we’re feeling the heat and no, we’re not just talking about the weather. It’s the holidays and the kids are acting up from being trapped indoors all week. If you’re looking for some weekend ideas for fun in Singapore, you’ve come to the right place.
Here is a list of great weekend getaway ideas right here in our little red dot. At the same time, you can work on that parent-child bonding that everybody keeps talking about. Enjoy!
Featured Weekend Ideas For Fun: The City @ Katong
Award-winning interactive playground, The City, provides an “Edutainment” playtime experience like no other!
The City recognises the importance of high quality role play for kids aged two to eight years old.
By stimulating kids imagination and creativity in realistic environments and scenarios, kids are encouraged to explore the real-life, small-scale locations around The City, which includes a supermarket, clinic, fire station and post office, amongst many others.
Watch as your kids transform themselves by dressing up as cashiers, doctors, nurses and teachers (and many more)! They’ll have an amazing time taking on the various professions in a fun and safe environment.
Free play vs guided activities
Apart from having tons of fun at The City through free play, your little ones will also be educated along the way. With Guided and Pop-Up activities, designed by The City’s very own senior educators, kids will practice their math skills, budgeting and using pretend money in the supermarket. They’ll also be challenged to work as a team to solve the different problems in the Superhero room!
Birthday parties at The City
Looking for a unique kid’s birthday party venue? Look no further than The City!
With a choice of the various different birthday party packages available, including invitations, party décor & setup and party food, The City is the perfect venue for your kids and their mini guests!
School visits and field trips
Throughout the year, The City hosts visits and field trips for various schools around Singapore. This allows teachers to bring the world to life, supplementing their lessons in a fun and interactive environment, whilst also learning about the things that are taught in the classroom.
Check out The City’s School Visit packages, here.
- Children 2 years and above – $22
- Toddlers under 2 years – $18
- Babies under 1 year – Free (if accompanied by a paid sibling)
- Adults – Free
For more information on admission and membership fees, please click here.
The City @ Katong
Address: 112 East Coast road, i12 Katong, #03-31, Singapore 428802
Phone: +65 6444 1520
Email: [email protected]
Opening hours: 10am to 7pm, daily
Featured Weekend Ideas For Fun: SuperPark (Opening on 17 November 2018)
Something is brewing and it’s getting hotter by the minute.
All hail the friendliest all-in-one Finnish indoor activity park! The ‘Superparking lifestyle’ is going global — and it’s bringing a new wave of energy into Singapore’s lifestyle scene right to you, in Suntec City this coming 17 November.
Share the sheer joy of movement and play with people of all ages and fitness levels!
The play space spans almost 40,000 square foot offers 20 fun, healthy, exciting and energising activities, based on three themed areas, under one roof. Out of these 20 activities, there are THREE brand new game experiences that will be premiering in SuperPark Singapore) — iWall, SuperClimb and Ninja Track.
Three Themed Areas:
- Offers exciting play activities for younger children and parents.
- Expect loads of fun from Flying Fox (zip wires), Tube Slide (slides), Kid’s Gym (Toddlers area), Kid’s Adventure City (playtowers), Pedal Car Track and much, much more.
- Where youngsters take on the spotlight.
- Swing for the stands in the Baseball nets, hone your jump shot at Street Basketball, or compete with the AI goal keeper.
- Performance is measured by radar and other digital systems, so kids can challenge their friends (or parents!).
- Teenagers will be too busy challenging themselves to even use their smarphones!
- THREE brand new game experiences: SuperClimb (tailormade fun climbing concept), new Ninja Track (warrior obstacle course) and iWall (interactive parkour game)
- Venture into Skate and Scoot World, bounce on the Trampoline Platform, and attack the Augmented Climbing Wall.
At SuperPark, no one gets left out! Everyone can join in and have quality bonding time through sports activities. Expect bubbling laughter, beaming smiles and red cheeks from kids, teenagers and adults alike!
Want to hold a birthday party, have a family celebration, hold a corporate event or even engage in some team-building activities? SuperPark Singapore offers seven party rooms, making it ideal for an eventful occasion.
Also, rest assured mums and dads because your little ones will be under the good hands of experienced staff, which many are recognised coaches.
SuperPark Singapore opens 17 November 2018 at Suntec City
Admission: Day passes are priced* at SGD 18-40 per person at SuperPark Singapore (Prices vary for weekdays and holidays, which include weekends, public holidays and school holidays).
*All equipment is included in your ticket.
*Images are from SuperPark Finland and Hong Kong. Actual activities in SuperPark Singapore might look different.
Here are some more weekend ideas for fun in Singapore!
- Sungei Buloh Nature Park -No Yogi Bear here but a delightful place all the same!
- Slappy Cakes – Have your pan(cake) and eat it. It’s flippin’ fun!
- Geylang Serai – Malay Village, Geylang Serai Market, mouth-watering nasi padang….Need we say more?
- Qian Hu Fish Farm – The different types of fishes here will surprise you.
- Kusu Island -Day trip by boat? Where do we sign up?
- The Karting Arena – Go “zoom zoom” on an electric go kart track!
- Little House of Dreams Bistro – Glittery fairy lights and even a masak-masak play area for your kids while dining!
- Snow City – Zip that parka and skate away to a snowy wonderland!
- Chinese and Japanese Garden -Perfect for a quiet stroll or to commemorate a lovely occasion.
- Botanic Gardens –Horticulture addicts, get your fix here!
- Changi Beach -Explore your options of the 3 Rs here!
- Lower Seletar Reservoir Park – Are those stress lines I see? Get here, pronto!
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve –Trek here or just laze on the grass in the sun. Either way, it’s a good place to surround yourself with nature.
- Singapore River – Ok so we may not have gondolas here but a nice stroll by the river still sets the mood!
- Bishan Park –A good book and a sandwich are all you’re going to need here!
- East Coast Park – Pack in that frisbee, suntan lotion and crackers for this one!
- Little Guilin – Beautiful landscapes and a fantastic view of the tranquil lake. Need we say more?
- MacRitchie Reservoir –Get off that couch, grab Junior and take a breather here!
- Artify Studio – What better way than art jamming to bond and enjoy some peace with your little ones?
- The Jacobs Ballas Children’s Garden –This is dedicated to all the kids out there!
- The Artground – A space for the kids to discover, to learn and to be curious.
- Labrador Park – Finding peace was never this easy.
- VivoCity – Too many stores, too many things, too much of excitement awaits!
- Kranji War Memorial – A somber walk into the past that may leave you teary eyed but proud!
- Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom – Allow yourself to flutter away here!
- Little India – Deepavali may be over but in Little India, the feeling remains year-round.
- St John’s Island – Great for a little escape from Singapore!
- Woods in the Books – Spend a quiet Sunday reading with your kids!
- BOUNCE Singapore – Bounce your way to a happy weekend with this trampoline park!
- Climb Central – These climbing walls are a fun way to race to the top!
- National Museum – Family time can’t get any better than this!
- The Singapore Flyer – Seeing the whole city without having to walk around… How clever!
- Playeum @ Gillman Barracks – Creative and interactive spaces for your kids to unleash their creativity!
- The Turf Club – Giddy up, mate!
- Our Tampines Hub – You can easily spend a day here with the kids with so many happenings — a hub for all the good reasons!
- Pulau Ubin Resort – Don’t need a passport for this one!
- Staycation @ D’ Resort – A little quiet time with the kids can be a great activity sometimes, right parents? :p
- IKEA – We-Like-K-E-A!
- Johore Battery –A gun emplacement site, that’s a must-see!
- River Safari – Asia’s first and only river-themed wildlife park!
- The Maritime Experiential Museum – Embark on a voyage in a maritime adventure; travel back in time with your kids!
- G-Max Reverse Bungy – Adrenaline, start pumping!
- The Rink @ Jcube (Formerly Fuji Ice Palace) – Singapore’s largest indoor ice-skating rink!
- Crocodilarium – Crocs! And no, we’re not talking about the footwear!
- Changi Chapel and Changi Museum –Take a walk down memory lane with chapels built around WW II.
- The Night Safari – Now this is what we call a wild night out!
- Sentosa – Sentosa…More like Fun-tosa!
- The Asian Civilisations Museum – Expose your little ones to the rich artistic heritage of Asia!
- Diggersite – A one-of-a-kind edutainment centre that lets your little tykes experience looking like real construction workers for a day!
- Houbii Spot – Go high, blend in the wild jungle surrounding the exciting rope course!
- Singapore Art Museum– Art like you’ve never seen it before!
- Downtown East –You and the kids will probably end up wishing for more time!
- Haw Par Villa – Fun for the whole family!
- Power Kids Gym (Formerly JWT Kids Gym) – Exercise was never this fun (at least not when we were growing up!)
- The Esplanade – Live performances, kid-friendly activities, great food and all the in-betweens!
- Henderson Waves – The highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore
- Changi Airport – That’s right. A slew of restaurants available, play areas for the kids or even just chillin’ while your kid gets on some kiddy rides!
- Aloha Sea Sports Centre – Hello Sun, Sand and Sea. Time to dig out the sunblock!
- Singapore City Gallery – Bird’s eye view of the city!
- Orchid Country Club – A tropical retreat that allows you to unwind.
- Hay Dairies – Savour the farm fresh goat milk and pet those adorable animals!
- Singapore Zoo – Tap your animal senses with this trip!
- Chinatown– Red, lion dance, pineapple tarts!
- Future World @ ArtScience Museum – A futuristic world that connects art and science. Watch your little explorers go wide-eyed!
- Marina Barrage – Splash your way there!
- Jurong Bird Park – Have a tweet-ful time at JBP!
- Shaws Little League – Batter up, mate! One of the coolest weekend ideas for fun!
- Singapore Science Centre – Explore every little doubt of science you ever had!
- Singapore Discovery Centre – You may already know about certain things inside but rediscover them through your children’s eyes.
- NEWater Visitor Centre – Open a tap and it comes splashing out. Find out what happens to it before it hits your faucet!
- T-Play – Fly above your ordinary worries with this plane-themed playground!
- Pasir Ris Park – The playground here is one of the largest in Singapore!
- Cafe Melba – Perfect for you bookworms, foodies, parents and kids, and music lovers alike!
- Punggol Park – Chill out on the promenade with fishing rods at the ready!
- S.E.A Aquarium – Gloop gloop! Your littlest will be fascinated by these amazing sea creatures!
- HortPark – A gem for families with green thumbs!
- Forest Adventure Kids Course – An unforgettable outdoor adventure packed with laughter, adrenaline-pumping action and personal achievements!
- Amazonia – Let your kids swing about this jungle-themed indoor playground like the Amazons they are!
- Jurong Frog Farm – Have a croakin’ good time by exploring the world of frogs!
- Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum – Dinosaur exhibits. Need we say more?
- Bollywood Veggies – A countryside farm right in our city backyards!
- Splash @ KidzAmaze – Under the sea, under the sea… magical water adventures await!
- Clip ‘n’ Climb – These colourful climbing stations really pack a punch!
- Dairy Farm Nature Park – This oasis of nature will get your kids in touch with Singapore’s flora and fauna!
- Go-Go Bambini – Whoosh down Singapore’s tallest indoor slide!
- Singapore Philatelic Museum – EVERYTHING about Stamps!
- Children’s Garden @ Gardens by the Bay – Explore the sights and sounds of nature’s playground!
- Chinatown Heritage Centre – A walk down memory lane to old Chinatown and early residents’ lives.
- KidsSTOP – Let your little budding scientists run wild!
- Moonlight HiPPO Adventure – See Singapore in the beautiful moonlight (which also means goodbye scorching sun!)
- Polliwogs – These play arenas pack some serious fun!
- Mount Faber – A bird’s eye view of our lush greenery and landscapes that will lighten your mood!
- Khai Seng Fish Farm – Check out where your delicious fish is coming from!
- Eat Play Love Cafe – Free-flow art materials and yummy Thai-Western cuisine to fill your family’s souls and tummies!
- National Gallery – Feast your eyes on Southeast Asian art!
- Battlebox – Uncover the true causes behind “the worst disaster and largest capitulation in British history”!
- Kampong Glam – Yes, it’s pretty glam. An eclectic blend of history, culture and a super trendy lifestyle scene? We’ll take that!
- Splash-N-Surf – Drift your way down the Lazy River! Cool weekend ideas for fun, literally.
- Coney Island – Whisk the little ones off to this island that makes you feel like you aren’t in Singapore!
- Tanjong Beach Club – A beach, a private pool, and burgers are all you need for family fun!
- ARThaus – Let their confidence shine through with some good ol’ painting!
- Kidzania – This kid-sized city is where fun reigns supreme!
- Aquarius Cove – Need an instant mood-booster? Go to this ocean-themed indoor playground!
- Open Farm Community – Food, art, tours and workshops — and being one with nature!
- The Animal Resort – Throw on those overalls, suck on a blade of grass and get all country here!
- MINT Museum of Toys – Be amazed by the world-class collection of vintage toys and collectable items!
- LilliPutt – Putting away in air-con? We’re already there! FORE!
- Fidgets – A labyrinth of slides and ball pits you won’t want to leave!
- MOSH! – This state-of-the-art edutainment park promises exciting high-tech adventures!
- Explorerkid – An indoor playground? We can’t think of spending a lazy Sunday afternoon doing anything else!
- Farmart Centre – The perfect rustic getaway with farm tours and animal feeding!
- Mana Mana East Coast– Hello Sun, Sand and Sea. Time to dig out the sunblock! (Closed)
Check out more weekend ideas for fun! For a full list of indoor playgrounds you can find in Singapore, here’s a handy list of 26 Best Indoor Playgrounds In Singapore — 2018 edition.
Did we miss out on any cool places to some good weekend ideas for fun? Write to us at [email protected] or leave a comment below and we will add to this list.
Join our exclusive ‘Fun for Kids in Singapore‘ group as well to find out what our parents have to say: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGfamilyfun