In some patients and particularly young children, the infection may lead to a life-threatening disease, such as haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS).
Doctors said they were surprised to see someone sick for so long survive.
A newborn girl had a life-threatening bacterial infection from her water birth in a hot tub. And she almost died...
According to the NSW, caution must always be present when preparing the fruit for children and the elderly.
Imagine walking around and you sniff it up from the soil and the next day you've got this bacteria in your brain and damaging the spinal cord.
They were then told that Henry had no brain stem activity and had to take the heartbreaking decision to turn his life support machine off.
“People saw that I'd lost parts of my body but what people couldn't see was the impact it had on my family life,” Alex admitted.
“In a bid to boost his immune system, the couple gave the boy—who was lethargic and becoming stiff—various home remedies,” reports said
When the hair tie Audree Kopp wore around her wrist came in contact with a small cut there, it caused a terrible bacterial infection....
Jo Gilchrist never expected a virulent strain of a common bacteria to enter her body, leaving her paralysed... all through the simple act of using her friend's makeup brush. Find out what happened in this article.
Learn about meningococcal disease and how you can protect yourself from this life-threatening illness<sup>1</sup>.