Pacifiers are commonly accepted as routine baby items (along with bottles, breast-pumps and strollers). As such, we have an inherent trust in their safety. However, a mum recently discovered to her horror that her baby's innocent-looking (and popular-branded) pacifier was capable of unimaginable harm.
Mum Kristen Milhone documents in a Facebook post how her seven-month-old son Jack, woke up one morning with pacifier burns.
Not wanting another child to suffer the same fate, she decided to spread awareness by sharing their ordeal.
7-Month-Old Suffered Pacifier Burns
In her post on Facebook, she shared that when she had woken that day, she noticed a quarter-sized, red mark on the side of her baby's face. It was raised, blistered and looked very much like a burn.