Foreign Delivery – The Singapore Way
Foreigners, who wish to deliver their child in Singapore, must apply for permission through a local sponsor before their arrival...
Foreigners, who wish to deliver their child in Singapore, must apply for permission through a local sponsor before their arrival.
The local sponsor should produce the following documents upon application:
• A copy (original) of duly completed Form 14, Form V39I (Form V39I is only for non-Malaysians).
• A copy (original) of duly completed Form V107.
• 1 recent passport sized colour photograph which meets the following requirements to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14:
• The photograph image must be taken within the last 3 months;
• The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish;
• The photograph image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
• Applicant’s marriage certificate (original and photocopy);
• A letter from a registered doctor stating applicants expected date of delivery and whether there is any complication to the pregnancy;
• A letter from the Embassy or High Commission of applicant’s country stating that her newborn child will follow the parent’s nationality and a valid travel document of that country will be issued to the newborn child;
• Applicant’s valid travel document
• Sponsor’s identity card.
If the application is approved, a security deposit of between S$1000 to S$3000 may be required. The payment for the security deposit may be in the form of NETS or Cashier’s Order. A duly completed Interbank Giro form is required to be submitted for refunding purpose.
The security deposit will be refunded after it has been confirmed that both the mother and child have left Singapore and there is no breach of any of the conditions stated in the security bond.
To download the forms visit:
Here are some related links: