If you’re a sexually active or menstruating female past the age of puberty; have given birth and deciding to get pregnant again; or need to find out about birth control methods, it’s a good idea to shop around for the best gynae in Singapore you feel comfortable with so that you can get your regular check-ups sorted.
You know, just to check if the plumbing down there is in good working order and to see if there’s anything unusual you should be aware of.
To help you find the best gynae in Singapore, we’ve listed down the top-recommended gynaes for women to learn more about their bodies. This could especially be helpful for mummies-to-be who want to have a smooth pregnancy with no complications.
Why Is It Important To See A Gynae?
Going to the gynae twice a year (with or without concerns) is actually recommended by the time a girl turns 15 or has started menstruation. Apart from learning more about her hormonal changes related to puberty, this is also a great platform for safe sex education and sexual health concerns.
Your gynae can advise you on birth control options and can help women make the right decision on the method that would work best for them. Naturally, the top gynaes in Singapore are the ones who are reputed to be the best in the business when it comes to diagnosis and treatment of any one or all of these issues.
RELATED: When considering contraceptive pills
Best Gynecologist Doctor In Singapore
Some women are mortified about going to the gynaecologist – especially male ones – even though they could even be mothers who have given birth naturally. This could possibly be because they are embarrassed to spread their legs to a stranger, traumatized by a previous specialist or just self-conscious about the whole experience. The list of top gynae Singapore comes highly recommended by readers, most women would be put at ease:
1.) Dr Joycelyn Wong MBBS (Singapore, 1992) MRCOG (London, 2000)
What her clients say:
– Dr Joycelyn Wong is a very patient and caring doctor.
– She always takes the time to answer each of her patients’ concerns in an assuring manner.
– Her stitches for Caesarean Mums were superbly done and practically invisible to the naked eye.
– Because many women love Dr J Wong, expect a long queue at her clinic.
Clinic: ACJ Women’s Clinic Pte Ltd @ 339 Thomson Road #03-03 Thomson Medical Centre Singapore 307677
Tel no: 6253 2033
Clinic hours: 9:00 to 1:00pm, 2:00 to 5:30pm M-F 9:00am to 2:00 Sat
2.) Dr Paul Tseng MBBS (Singapore) M.Med (O&G) (Singapore) FRACOG (Australia) FRCOG (London) FAMS
What do clients say:
– Dr Paul Tseng is one of the highly recommended in the top gynae Singapore list and it is not just because of his great looks!
– He is very professional and very personal to the individual he attends.
– Dr Tseng immediately puts his patients at ease, especially during their first visit.
– He is friendly, caring and listens to his patients very well.
– Although there is a long line of patients waiting for their turn, no one is rushed and all questions are answered thoroughly.
– His nurses also score top marks for being caring and friendly.
Clinic: TLC Gynaecology Practice @ 339 Thomson Road #03-02 Thomson Medical Centre Singapore 307667
Tel no: 6254 2878
Clinic hours: 9:00am to 12:30 pm, 2:00 to 4:30pm MF 8:30am to 12:30pm Sat
Photo Source : visuallyentertained.com
3.) Dr. Chen Lin Han Clinic: Specialist Women’s Medical Centre
What his clients say :
– Dr. Chen Lin Han is considered as one of the top gynaes in Singapore because of his fatherly attitude to his patients and superb medical skills.
– Most of his patients commend him for being pro- natural birth.
– Dr. Chen is very accommodating, thorough and friendly and his nursing team takes these cues from him as well. His stitching skills are a hit with the C-Section Mums.
Clinic : Blk 103, Yishun Ring Rd. #01-81 Singapore 76010
Tel no: 6757 2323, 6757 1822
Recommendations of gynaecologists begin to flow from family and friends as soon as the news of your pregnancy is out. What do you do?
You should politely thank them and then check out the recommendations, but do not feel obligated to stick with a certain gynaecologist just because your best friend or sister-in-law thinks the world of him/her.
The first thing is feeling comfortable with your gynaecologist. Some women prefer a female gynaecologist while others beg to differ. Explore a bit before you settle for one.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Gynae Singapore
1. What type of birth do you want?
Do you want a natural delivery, a C-section, a water birth, hypnobirth, home birth or even a natural birth? Then you need to find out which doctor can actually perform that for you and which hospital will be best equipped for what you want. For example, home birth is an option in Singapore but there are only a few doctors such as Dr Paul Tseng at Thomson Medical Centre and Dr Lai Fon-Min at Camden Medical, who currently offer this service. For water birth, you will be limited to just NUH, Mt Alvernia Hospital, Raffles Hospital or Thompson.
2. Where can your doctor deliver?
Gynaecologists are generally limited to deliveries in the hospitals they are located in or have partnerships with. Some doctors have privileges to practice in other hospitals. Find out where your doctor can deliver, as the choice of the hospital may affect your choice of doctor.
Gynaecologist pricing can vary drastically in Singapore. Some charge from $75 per consultation and there are others who charge upwards of $150 per consult.
4. Doctor’s attitude about issues that are important to you
You may want to ask your doctor about their opinion regarding the routine use ultrasounds or doppler, how they feel about C-section and episiotomies. You can’t predict what your individual situation will require, but you can get an idea of the doctor’s general approach to care and practice patterns from his or her responses to these questions.
If you’re about to become a mum for the second time, it is usually advisable to stick with the gynaecologist that you saw when you were pregnant the first time round as he/she would be more familiar with you and your medical history and you more comfortable with him/her.
Once you have chosen which gynaecologist in Singapore you will see, it’s a good idea to narrow down which hospital you want to give birth in.
Are you currently seeing the above mentioned top gynaes of Singapore? We’d love to hear your experiences so leave a comment below.
10 Most Recommended Gynaecologists in Singapore