ZESPRI Recipe! - Kiwi Thumbprint Cookies
Check out this innovative cookie recipe incorporating Zespri's Kiwifruit! Sweet, Easy, and Perfect for families! Thank You Evangeline Sung for sharing!
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup brown sugar
2 egg yolk
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ZESPRI green kiwifruit
¼ cup sugar
½ cup water
1. Making Kiwifruit Jam:
- Cut the kiwifruit into small pieces.
- Put the water and sugar in the saucepan and boil over low heat.
- When the sugar dissolved, turn up the heat to high and put the kiwifruit inside.
- Stir until the kiwifruit is clear and thick.
2. Using the electronic mixer to beat the butter and brown sugar.
3. Add the vanilla and egg yolk.
4. Sift the flour into the dough.
5. Put the dough into the refrigerate for 10 mins.
6. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
7. Take out the dough and take a small piece of dough then roll it into a ball.
8. Let the little one's thumb to make a deep indentation and put the jam in the centre.
9. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 mins.
For more exciting kiwi recipes, check out ZESPRI’s website at http://www.zespri.com.sg/en/kiwifruit/!