Why men cheat and can a woman stop him?
Why men cheat and can a woman do anything to prevent this from happening? Read up on the reasons behind spouses who have the need to cheat and what women can do in their power to prevent the situation from happening--the best they can.
This is an age-old subject-one that, quite honestly, drives me nuts! Statistics show that 30 to 50% of men cheat on their wives.
Here are some reasons why men cheat
- The need to feel vital and sexy (also known as a mid-life crisis)
- Feelings of being unappreciated by their wives
- The intrigue and excitement of an affair
- To prove to themselves they’ve still ‘got it’
- They’ve fallen out of love
- Their wives are unavailable to them-have shut them off
- An ego boost due to a younger woman showing interest in them
- Sexual addiction
- Peer pressure
What’s a woman to do to stop her man from cheating?
While it’s true there are some men who are going to cheat no matter what, a number of men wouldn’t if they didn’t find a reason (real or not). Yes, that’s right…as much as you don’t want to hear this – sometimes women can be the blame for their men looking elsewhere.
Don’t let that be you. If you love your husband and want to keep your marriage happy and healthy, here are some things you should be doing…
- Respect your man. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is the ultimate expression of love to a man.
- Don’t let yourself go. No, you don’t have to diet yourself into a size S, but maintain a healthy body weight as well as taking the time to dress neatly, keep your hair and makeup (even if minimal) done and have a healthy self-respect.
- Pay attention to your man. Compliment him. Appreciate what he does around the house, for you, for the kids and at work.
- Initiate sex
- Make time just for him
- Be a good listener
- Tell him you love him
- Let your children know you love and respect him by your actions and with your words
There are no guarantees in life, but…
While there are no guarantees in life and love, giving it your best will almost always give you a more-than-adequate return on your investment. Love and you will be loved…and hopefully live happily ever after.
What would you do if your husband cheated on you? Tell us in the comment box below and take part in the poll.