Get the year off to a healthy start with Lose To Win™
Have you been trying to lose weight but don't know where to start. Sign up for Health Promotion Board's Lose To Win™ structured holistic weight-loss programme and join other like-minded people to get fit in a fun and interactive way.
It’s the new year, and it’s time for a newer, healthier, lighter you!
Losing weight helps us be healthier and can be a first step towards building higher fitness and stamina levels. In addition, losing weight also helps individuals develop a much more positive body image, which in turn leads to increased levels of happiness and satisfaction.
Knowing all this, have you been wanting to lose weight and get fit, but have not known where to start?
Here are some tips to get you started
It would seem that those who succeed in this particular mission, have a strategy that involves more than just strong willpower.
Here are some pointers that fitness gurus say can help you achieve a positive result:
- Do a real assessment of your height, weight, BMI, and any weight related risk factors before embarking on a weight loss programme. Based on your assessment, set yourself realistic goals which are categorised according to short term achievements and long term objectives.
- Always remember that fitness is a combination of diet and exercise. Don’t compromise one in favour of another – the key is to get the balance between both.
- Fads don’t work, lifestyle changes do. Diets just don’t fit into a normal lifestyle; they are temporary and can be very expensive. Instead focus on changing eating habits and introducing healthier alternatives into your diet.
- Remove all temptation. Remember if it’s not there, you can’t eat it, so get rid of all the junk food in your home – this includes the packets of potato chips in the kitchen cupboards, the candy bowl on the table and all fizzy drinks. Replace the junk food with healthier alternatives – including lots of fruits. Also try and replace all drinks with water.
- Start reading the nutritional labels. When you eat, be aware of the the calories that your are consuming. It is important to read the nutritional label to know the correct serving size, the calorie intake and the actual contents of what you are eating.
- Planning and being organised helps accomplish goals. Create a two-week menu plan and shop for your groceries accordingly – this way you can ensure that you diet is healthy and well-balanced over all. Tie this in with eating on a schedule. Eating your meals at the right time also helps maintain your metabolic rate, and keeps your blood sugar remain consistent instead of spiking up and down.
- Get an exercise buddy. On days when you are feeling demotivated or at the point of giving up, your exercise buddy with keep you motivated.
- Be part of a like-minded interest group. Exercising in a group and integrating your fitness regime into your social life (such as being part of a cycling group, or a walking club) is very effective in keeping a person motivated.
- Vary the exercise routine to keep the boredom out and interest alive.
If you are still unsure about where to start your fitness journey, why not take the first step towards a healthier new you with Lose To Win™.
By putting you under the guidance of certified trainers, the programme can help you lose weight. What’s more, as a reward for completing the programme, all participants can receive shopping vouchers.
Click on the next page to find out more about how you can sign up for the Lose To Win™ programme.
Lose More, Win More!
Lose To Win™ enables you to get fit through regular exercise, planned nutrition and goal-setting under the guidance of certified trainers and in the company of like-minded individuals.
The team at Lose To Win™ mentors you over an 8-week weight-loss programme.
Each programme includes regular assessments of height, weight and BMI and takes you on a step-by-step journey towards fitness through the following components:
- Eat Smart – Your Weight Loss Game Plan (1.5 hours)
- Shop Smart for Weight Loss(1.5hours)
- Cook Smart for Weight Loss (Optional – 1.5 hours)
- Breaking the Mental Barriers to Weight Loss (1.5hours)
- Be in Control of your Weight Loss (1.5hours)
- Fitness Performance for Weight Loss (1.5hours)
- Group Exercise Sessions (1 hour)
All participants receive a $10 voucher upon the successful completion of the 8-week programme. In addition, all participants will also get an additional $15 voucher if they successfully lose 3 kg.
Maintaining the weight loss
Lose To Win™ will help you get off to the right start, but you have to remember that the key to maintaining your weight loss is regular monitoring.
Studies have shown that the more frequently you monitor your weight and track your progress, the higher the success in achieving your weight loss and fitness goals. As part of the programme you can participate in follow-up activities and monthly weight assessments for up to a year.
With a programme that promises not only to help you achieve your personal fitness goals, but also integrates you into a community of people on the same journey, don’t lose time, lose weight!
Take control of your health and click here to sign up today.
Follow the Lose To Win™ community on Facebook.
Share your weight-loss journey with us in the comments section below.