How Big is Your Baby?
Your Baby's Development
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you'll learn that:
- Upon delivery, your baby will probably have dry, cracked, peeling, or wrinkled skin. This is temporary, and is a result of the shedding of the protective wax covering (vernix) weeks ago in anticipation for delivery.
- He might also have longer nails and hair, and be more alert.
- You will continue to experience frequent urination, pelvic pains, nesting instincts, haemorrhages, and diarrhoea.
- If you are among the two percent of women who are truly overdue, take comfort in knowing that before this week is done, your baby will be born. This time next week, your family will be one small bundle of joy larger.
- Continue to watch for signs of impending labour. One pre-labour sign is loose bowel movements. This is nature’s way of clearing your intestines to make room for the baby’s passage through the birth canal.
- If your contractions are strong—if they last at least 45 seconds and are coming more often than every 5 minutes—your baby is likely to be on the way within a few hours!
- Take comfort in the fact that you will get to meet your little one soon!
Your previous week: 41 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!