Pregnancy week 34: Your week by week pregnancy guide
Your baby is now the size of a cantaloupe and is growing a layer of fat which will keep him/her warm. As for you, mum, find out what you can do to make your last trimester a bit more comfortable.
At pregnancy week 34, you are almost ready to say hello your little bundle of joy. But wait, not just yet! Your baby is still getting set up to come out. His/her central nervous system is developing and his/her tiny fingernails and toenails have grown. Read on to know what more you can expect this week.
Your little one is roughly the size of a cantaloupe, or about 31cm, and weighs around 2.28 kg. Your due date is inching closer and closer, and we’re sure that you’re absolutely excited to meet your little one!
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you’ll learn that:
- Your baby is developing excessive fat layers to keep him warm.
- His/her central nervous system is developing at a faster rate now.
- His/her tiny fingernails and toenails have grown.
- If you are having a baby boy, then at this week his testicles descend from his abdomen to his scrotum.
- Fatigue will hit you! You will find yourself more tired than ever before because of the strain that you are experiencing.
- At pregnancy week 34, you’ll see an increased vaginal discharge–blame the hormones.
- Low blood pressure can make you feel dizzy.
- You may even have blurry visions. Of course, it’s only temporary at pregnancy week 34.
- There is no respite from the frequent visits to the bathroom.
- As your belly grows, your lungs won’t be able to expand as fully and hence you may feel breathless quite fast.
- Leg cramps are common around now, when pregnancy weight, swelling, and fatigue are at their peak.
- Relax as much as you can. You can indulge in activities that can keep you happy and busy.
- Keep your exercising regime as light as possible.
- Drink a lot of water early in the day to avoid feeling thirsty at night. Avoid aerated drinks.
- Get your hospital bag sorted out.
- If you are planning to consume your placenta, sign up for encapsulation this week.
Your next week: 35 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 33 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!