Pregnancy week 32: Your week by week pregnancy guide
Your baby maybe moving less because of decreased activity and his/her baby's 20-to-40-minute sleep cycles. As for you, mum, now is the best time for: knowing the signs of preterm labour and hosting a baby shower.
You are now at pregnancy week 32, which means your baby is now becoming less transparent and more opaque. Your belly is also expanding day by day, but that’s a sign of your growing baby. So hurray!
How Big is Your Baby?
Your baby is as big as a small rock melon this week, weighing 1.8 kg and measuring 29 cm! Your little one is plumped thanks to the fat stored in his body.
How is Your Baby Developing?
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you’ll learn that:
- Your baby is now swallowing, breathing, kicking, and sucking.
- His/her digestive system is all set and ready to go.
- His/her skin is becoming less transparent and more opaque.
- He/she is sleeping well these days, with sleep cycles of 20 to 40 minutes long. This also explains the decrease in movement you’re likely experiencing these days.
- At pregnancy week 32 that swelling belly is getting itchier and itchier as the skin stretches and dries out.
- You may feel a painful spasm in your calves which may worsen at night.
- Your growing uterus is cramping your bowels, making them sluggish and irregular.
- As your breasts expand in the third trimester, they may also leak a yellowish fluid called colostrum, which is the precursor to breast milk.
- Get some regular exercise (anything helps, from brisk walks to prenatal yoga) and drink enough fluids.
- Carry a protein-and-carb-rich snack in your bag to munch on for when you feel dizzy.
- Try calamine or some other type of anti-itch lotion to soothe more stubborn cases of itchiness.
- Try not to obsess over stretch marks. Up to 90% of women get them. They’re a sign that your baby is growing beautifully.
- Be prepared; learn the signs of labour: water breaking, period-like cramps, vaginal bleeding, diarrhoea, and a tightening feeling in your uterus.
- It’s time to host a baby shower!
Your next week: 33 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 31 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!