Pregnancy week 19: Your week by week pregnancy guide
You may feel that there's so much going on. Between your little ninja's movements and increasing aches, don't forget to take a breather.
As soon as you reach pregnancy week 19, meditation would become a preferable way to de-stress, especially if you don’t want to get out of bed! Read on to know why.
Week by week pregnancy guide: how big is your baby?
Your baby is now the size of a mango—and getting heavier every week. Your baby is now about 15cm long and weighs about 240.0g. Have you felt your baby’s ninja moves yet?
Your Baby’s Development
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you’ll learn that:
- Your baby’s skin is beginning to develop pigments which determine his/her skin tone. He/she will also be covered in Vernix Caseosa, a thin wax-like substance that helps protect the skin from amniotic fluid.
- The hair on his/her scalp is growing.
- Your baby’s senses are blossoming. His/her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
- Research suggests that he/she may hear your voice now, so keep a check on those swear words. Read, sing, or talk to your baby. Don’t be shy.
- His/her kidneys continue to make urine at your pregnancy week 19.
- Your belly is growing fast, so the ligaments supporting your expanding uterus causes abdominal aches.
- Your little one’s kicks may take you by surprise, though eventually, you will get used to the movements of your little gymnast. Oh, and avoid using your growing bump as a coffee table lest the cup, along with its hot content, falls.
- Your increased bump size may be causing you heartburn, so here are ways to prevent it.
- Keep the aches to a minimum by going on walks and performing simple exercises.
- If you feel light-headed, sit down and do some deep breathing exercises or meditate.
- Hip pain may bother you at night. Sleep with a pillow between your knees.
- Encourage your spouse to feel your little ninja’s kicks! This is a good way for him to connect with the baby.
- Think about picking out names for your baby. It’s never too early!
Your previous week: 18 weeks pregnant
Your next week: 20 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!