Pregnancy week 18: Your week by week pregnancy guide
At week 18, you may want to know which sleeping position is best for you along with backache remedies for a more comfortable pregnancy.
You’re now at pregnancy week 18! Your little one is now like a tiny acrobat who makes sure you feel his/her stunts in the womb.
How Big is Your Baby?
Your baby is now the size of a sweet potato. Your baby is now about 14.2cm long and weighs about 189.9g! By this time, your baby may begin performing acrobatic stunts in your womb!
Your Baby’s Development
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you’ll learn that:
- Your little one is moving, and how! As your baby rolls, tumbles, and flexes his/her limbs in your womb, get ready to feel stronger kicks and nudges.
- He/she can now yawn–so you may catch a glimpse of this during an ultrasound.
- Because your baby’s hearing is well-developed, avoid sudden loud noises.
- If you’re carrying a boy, his genitals have now formed distinctly. If you’re carrying a girl, her ovaries will already be developing eggs.
- You are ravenous. Your baby’s rapid growth is probably making you hungry every few hours.
- Your hands and feet are swollen. This pregnancy symptom can be bothersome, but it is common.
- As your baby grows rapidly, there’s a lot of pressure on your back, leading to a backache. Here are ways to relieve it.
- Due to increased pressure on the veins of your nose, you may experience nosebleeds.
- You may also be experiencing leg cramps at pregnancy week 18, so stay hydrated.
- Keep the backache away by sitting upright or performing light exercises such as prenatal yoga.
- Your expanding uterus puts pressure on the veins behind your abdomen. Your best bet is to sleep on your side. Sleeping on your back may reduce the amount of blood going to your heart which will make you feel light-headed.
- If you notice your hands and feet swell often, place them at a height to drain out excess fluids.
- If worry is causing you to lose sleep, try out a few relaxing breathing techniques before you hit the sack for a good night’s rest!
- Get some pregnancy pampering by heading out for a soothing pregnancy massage to relax.
- The best time to sort out your maternity insurance is this week until week 20.
- Ensure you have booked your confinement nanny already.
Your next week: 19 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 17 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!