Connecting you to everyone you need to help raise your child.
Here are some yummy vegetarian recipes that use the ingredients listed above.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
What you need:
8-10 red dates
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon salt, to taste
What you do:
1) Wash and drain rice
2) Peel and cut ginger
3) Combine all the ingredients into a rice cooker
4) Mix well and leave to cook
5) When done, let the cooked rice rest for around 10 minutes.
6) Serve hot.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
250g cooked rice
4 finely shredded slices of ginger
3 tablespoons sesame oil
Salt for taste
Sesame Seed for garnish
Coriander leaves for garnish
1) Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium flame and stir fry ginger until golden brown.
2) Stir in the cooked rice and add salt. Stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.
3) Garnish with lightly toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander leaves.
4) Serve hot.
What you need:
1/2 cup young corn
1/2 cup sweet peas
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tsp cold water
1 tsp light soy
2 tbsp rice Wine
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ cup water
1) Blanch corn in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2) Slice each corn in half (lengthwise).
3) Heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
4) Add sweet peas and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add corn and stir fry.
5) Add seasoning and bring to a boil.
6) Add cornflour paste and stir until mixture has thickened.
300g gluten fungus roll
500g old ginger
300ml black rice vinegar
70g brown sugar
Salt, to taste
1) Slice gluten fungus roll
2) Peel and cut old ginger into chunks
3) Add sesame oil to the ginger and bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
4) Once ginger is baked, place all the ingredients in a clay pot, add water and simmer for 45 minutes.
5) Season to taste with salt.
1/2 cup hot water
½ cup canned longans, drain and washed under running water
1 small can mandarin oranges
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cider vinegar
toasted almonds (for garnish)
1) Cube apple, pear and peach
2) Place all fruits ( except mandarin oranges), the syrup from the canned mandarin oranges and hot water in a pot
2) Bring to a boil until fruits are soft (but not mushy)
3) Mix in honey and cider vinegar
4) Add in mandarin oranges
5) Garnish with toasted almonds and brown sugar.
2 eggs, beaten
2 slices old ginger (shredded)
3 tbsp sesame seed oil
1) Heat oil in wok and fry the shredded ginger till golden brown.
2) Pour the beaten egg over the ginger strips and fry.
Do you have other tried-and-tested quick recipes? Share your recipes in our comment box below
Prices from : $909 to $2033
Prices from: $1806 upwards
Hi I'm Sandra, a proud mummy of two beautiful kids and contributor to theAsianparent Singapore!
Confinement Confinement Recipes Gallery