The Ultimate BBQ Party: tips, tricks and easy recipes for the holidays!
What better way to celebrate the holidays than with a BBQ Party? Find fresh BBQ party ideas here, plus tips and tricks to have the ultimate feast.
The good news is that the holidays are here. The bad news is that kids get bored easily. Mums are perpetually wracking their brains for ways to keep the little ones busy. So why not organise a BBQ party and have a blast?
Of course, while the idea of a BBQ party is fantastic, arranging one – let alone one with kids – sounds daunting. If planning and preparation are not your thing, don’t worry. We have some tips to make it a breeze for you to host that perfect BBQ party.
The best part is that you can get most of your BBQ essentials quick and easy – delivered to your doorstep – through FairPrice On. (Minimum spend for free delivery is $39, for a limited time only!)
With that, your BBQ party will literally be a walk in the park!
Read on for BBQ tips, simple and delicious recipes – and promo codes from FairPrice On.
Planning the Perfect BBQ Party
Now that you’ve decided to throw a BBQ party, you’ve got to make sure that it’s nothing short of impressive. Also, you really don’t want to be unprepared and work yourself up into a stressed-out frenzy and have the kids fan the flames (pun intended) at the party. So here are five BBQ party ideas, tips and tricks to make your feast a success:
1. Create the Right Ambience
Set the mood by transforming the place with a few special touches. Choose a fun, whimsical, or calming ambience – whatever rocks your boat!
Get some fairy lights and simple décor to work some wonders. And while you’re at it, do remember to have enough seats for your guests. You don’t want to have them standing around with their food!
2. Game On!
It’s no secret that kids need to be kept busy, otherwise your meat won’t be the only thing getting heated up! Have some activities and games lined up to make the evening exciting for the little ones: try charades, musical chairs or even a simple craftwork corner.
Consider taking the fun to the next level. Of course, prepare prizes. If you’re pressed for time, get some simple treats like candy or marshmallows along with the rest of your BBQ party order from FairPrice On.
3. Ultimate BBQ Party Essentials
Hosting the Ultimate BBQ Party is all about the details. And if you have kids, you need to ensure that you have more than enough essentials. Here are some suggestions:
- Cutlery, wet wipes and serviettes
- Ziploc bags to store food safely
- Gloves & aprons for the masterchefs
- Skewers, lots of them!
- Aluminium foil
- To make the party more exciting for the kids, get your hands on those must-have cartoon-themed paper plates!
You don’t need to run around helter-skelter to get all of these things. FairPrice On makes it irresistibly convenient. Click HERE to get your BBQ essentials!
4. Easy-Breezy Preparation
The secret to hosting the Ultimate BBQ Party is preparation, but it doesn’t have to be complicated or difficult. Do as much as you can beforehand to give you more time to mingle and jingle with your guests.
- Assemble salads and have all the side dishes ready
- Marinate your meat beforehand
- Chop the vegetables, like onions, mushrooms and chilli peppers needed for barbecuing, before you arrive at the pit
Don’t forget about drinks and desserts!
5. Crowd Pleasers
No BBQ party is complete without these delights!
- Chicken wings
- Sambal Stingray
- Corn on the Cob
- Kids might include marshmallows on this “must-have” #justsayin
Now that you’re all set to host your perfect BBQ party, get down to business and start preparing some awesome side dishes! Get the key ingredients from FairPrice On. And because ‘tis the season to be jolly, the minimum spend for free delivery is $39, for a limited time only!
You can also browse the FairPrice On Christmas selection for some awesome ideas.
Here are some recipes to prepare beforehand, to wow your guests and keep them busy while you fire up the BBQ pit.
Food for Thought
Here are two simple sides and a dessert that you can put together before your party. These are sure to be a hit with the kids.
Mac & Cheese, With Ease
You really can’t go wrong with this dish. Most kids just adore it.
As for the preparation, there are two kinds of people. The ones who buy the instant mac and cheese boxes, and the ones who make their own. For slightly more ambitious mums, here’s a really simple recipe:
20 minutes, Easy
8 oz elbow macaroni
¼ cup butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Cook your macaroni for about 8 to 10 minutes or according to instructions on the package.
- Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, salt and pepper and ensure there are no lumps.
- Slowly add the milk while continuously stirring. In about 5 minutes, the mixture should be smooth and bubbling.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Add in the cooked macaroni and there you have it!
2. Garlic and Herb Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
Fact: Kids love fries. So let’s make that favourite a bit more interesting by substituting potato with sweet potato. We’ll also make it healthier by grilling instead of frying.
25 mins, Easy
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat your oven and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes (about ¼ inch).
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until you see that the potatoes are starting to brown at the sides.
- Stir some grated parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic in a bowl and add the warm fries to the mixture.
- Stir gently until everything is coated. Simple stuff!
3. Caramel Strawberry & Marshmallow Kebabs
Here’s a sweet treat for the little ones.
10 minutes, Easy
16 strawberries (hulled)
caramel sauce of your choice
nuts or crumbled biscuits for sprinkling (optional)
- Thread metal skewers by alternating strawberries and marshmallows.
- Toast the marshmallows over the grill then drizzle some caramel sauce over it. Believe it or not, that’s all there is to it!
There you have it, mums: all the tricks to hosting a perfect BBQ party. And before you go hunting for all your party essentials, you should know that it’s a lot easier than you think. FairPrice On is a one-stop solution for all of your party needs. The best part? It’s an online platform so it’s beyond convenient.
If you are not hosting but going elsewhere for a BBQ party, you can opt for ‘Click & Collect’ to schedule and pick up your items from one of 70 collection points – free for orders above $29.
Don’t forget to use PROMO code SHOPON, if this is your first order, to get $10 off plus free delivery with a $49 minimum spend. For subsequent purchases, you are entitled to free delivery when you spend above $39.
So this December, go ahead and book a BBQ pit and have that ultimate party for your kids. It’s going to be easier than you ever imagined possible, especially with FairPrice On to meet all your needs.