Singapore Curry Chicken Recipe: President Halimah Yacob Shares Her Secret!
Singapore curry chicken recipe recommended by President Halimah Yacob is super easy and delicious, try it!
Mums, looking for a quick, healthy curry chicken recipe to whip up on a busy school night? President Halimah Yacob is helping Singaporeans eat healthier with this healthy and delicious Singapore curry chicken recipe.
Remember, you can easily make your meals healthier by substituting white rice for brown rice and substituting some of your full-fat ingredients for low-fat alternatives. With lots of flavourful spices, Singapore President Halimah Yacob shows that you can have curry and still be eating healthy too!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you probably already have all these ingredients at home making it even easier and more convenient when you want to make a quick, healthy meal.
Singapore Curry Chicken Recipe By President Halimah Yacob
400g chicken leg, boneless, skin removed and cut into chunks
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 onions, quartered
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
4 to 5 curry leaves
1 tsp ginger powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
480ml low-fat evaporated milk
1 green sliced capsicum
1 red sliced capsicum
¼ tsp pepper
Cooking Instructions for Singapore Curry Chicken
1. Marinate the chicken with salt.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick wok, stir-fry the onions for 1 minute.
3. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry powder, curry leaves, ginger powder and garlic. Cook gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken and fry on all sides until golden brown.
5. Add low-fat evaporated milk and sliced capsicums and bring to a boil. Add pepper.
6. Lower heat to simmer, with the pot covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
7. Serve with brown rice or wholemeal bread.
That’s it! You’ve got a delicious curry that’s fit for a king (or a President)! Serve it ladled over brown rice or with wholemeal bread and you’ve got a healthy meal the whole family will love!
Check out another recipe from President Halimah Yacob here.