Simple One-pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
This one pot meal is a perfect recipe for busy (or lazy!) days.
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 1¼ pounds (600g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts - I used boneless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14oz (420ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- ½ pound (500g) penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups (200g) of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- In a skillet, brown the chicken (which has been seasoned with salt and pepper) in a little olive oil. There is no need for the chicken to be cooked through as it will be cooked with the sauce later.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, cream and pasta. I used penne.
- Give this a stir and bring to a boil. The turn the heat down, cover with a lid and simmer this for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
- If the liquid dries out, add a little more stock and cream and continue cooking.
- Once the pasta is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt (if needed) and plenty of black pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped Italian flat leaf parsley and serve immediately.
Tips from theAsianparent:
- One-pot meals are great time-savers especially with active kids fighting for parents' time at home. It keeps preparations, washing and cleaning down to a minimum so you can spend more time with your loved ones!
- This meal is versatile and you can simply switch chicken with other meats or fish as you wish. A balanced diet comprises of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fibre, so you may wish to enhance this dish with vegetables such as asparagus, carrots or even mushrooms and bacon! Enjoy your delish chicken alfredo pasta recipe!