66 Singapore schools with new principals in 2019
According to the MOE, 66 Singapore schools will have new principals in 2019.
In The Ministry of Education (MOE)'s previous update about school principals in Singapore, 66 Principals at the Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony for Principals has been finalised.
Of these, 10 are newly appointed Principals.
Change in school principals in Singapore
The move comes as part of MOE's annual reshuffle exercise.
MOE says, "This process of appointing and rotating Principals allows schools to benefit from new perspectives, and enables experienced Principals to share best practices across schools."
"Our Principals will have the opportunity to take on new challenges, and contribute by shaping and strengthening the work of the schools that they are newly appointed to."
The MOE had earlier announced that, 28 schools in Singapore – 14 primary schools , 6 secondary schools and 8 junior colleges to be exact, would be merged in 2019.
The principals of the newly merged JCs in 2019 are:
- Anderson Serangoon JC (merger of Anderson JC and Serangoon JC): Mr Manogaran s/o Suppiah (Currently, Principal of Serangoon JC)
- Jurong Pioneer JC (merger of Jurong JC and Pioneer JC): Dr Hang Kim Hoo (Currently, Principal of Jurong JC)
- Tampines Meridian JC (merger of Tampines JC and Meridian JC): Miss Yoong Nyok Ke Pamela (Currently, Principal of Tampines JC)
- Yishun Innova JC (merger of Yishun JC and Innova JC): Mr Michael Nelson De Silva (Currently, Principal of Innova JC)
Of the 10 school principals who will be taking up the role for the first time, 3 will be posted at primary schools and 7 will be posted at secondary schools.
The schools with the newly appointed principals are:
- Anderson Primary
- Jiemin Primary
- Tampines North Primary
- Bedok Green Secondary
- Bukit View Secondary
- CHIJ Secondary School (Toa Payoh)
- Jurong Secondary
- Nan Chiau High
- Ngee Ann Secondary
- Punggol Secondary
For the full, updated list of school principals in Singapore, please click here.