Contributor Shubhada Bhide gives us her first-hand review of the Botani product line. Read on to find out what she liked and didn't like.
As a Mum and a woman, I always prefer as simple and fuss free, as natural skin care products as possible. I see to it that they are safe even for sensitive skin and even if my pre-teen daughter decides to try them out, they should cause any side-effects to her skin.
I also get dry skin sometimes and hence no harsh chemicals and ingredients for me in skin care routine. So while on the lookout for some such products, I discovered Botani.
The Botani Story:
Botani was developed by an Australian naturopath with a passion for simple, natural products that beautify, treat and nourish your skin. Inspired by the fusion of naturopathic principles and botanical skin science, Botani products contain premium active botanicals and organic ingredients, wherever possible, to optimize skin health and radiance.
More about the products I tried out…
Botani PhytoBody Wash
It is a body wash that is gentle enough for all skin types whether you have dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin and so on. Botani says that even people with Psoriasis can safely use it. In my case, I have been using it for quite some days and no issues so far at all.
- It is a naturopathic product and hence there is no too much of heavy fragrance which might be a con for some but for me, safe to skin is more important.
- I found that after bathing with Botani PhytoBody wash, the skin feels very soft and smooth.
- It doesn’t create too much lather. Also, not too much quantity is needed each time.
- It retails at $29 which is slightly higher but for sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend it.
- What’s more, I used it once as a shampoo for my daughter’s hair.
- It is pH balanced and Sulphate free.
- Contains anti-bacterial purifiers like Lemon Myrtle and Orange Peel Oil and Chamomile and Calendula sooth skin irritations.
- It has Moringa Protein and Olive Squalene provide healing, nourishment and long lasting hydration
- Even if it contains Olive Squalene, the body wash doesn’t have that peculiar smell of olive oil. By the way, Olive Squalene is nature’s only biocompatible ingredient which matches the Squalene in human skin. It forms the major ingredient of many of the Botani products.
Botani Olive Soothing Cleanser and Eye Make-Up Remover
This is another product from Botani that I tried and pretty happy with it so far.
Botani Olive Soothing Cleanser and Eye Makeup Remover is a gentle cream-based, Sulphate free and pH balanced cleanser formulated for optimal skin health. Retailing at $46, I find it a bit over-priced but I think for people with specific skin conditions like sensitive, dry, eczema, devitalised, premature ageing, sun damaged and babies skin, this is a great option.
Since it is cream-based, I found that the skin doesn’t get dry at all after use. I also used to remove my light makeup consisting of foundation, blush and eye shadow and it removed it well. Though it is not for waterproof makeup.
Skin above my eyes tend to get drier and itchy so this is an ideal option for me to remove eye makeup.
It has a mild and nice fragrance which is likeable too.
This cleanser leaves skin feeling nourished, refreshed and silky without disrupting the acid mantle of the skin
Please note that this product comes in a glass bottle so be careful to use it. Also, ensure that it is out of reach for kids. Botani uses glass bottles as the material is healthier than plastic.
Botani Olive Skin Serum
This Botani product is the most favourite for me among all three products that I tried. Enriched with “active” plant Olive Squalene, Olive Skin Serum replicates Squalene produced in human skin.
- It is a multi-purpose serum which has hydrating, scar healing, skin anti-oxidant, anti-irritant properties.
- It claims to give Immediate hydration boost, 50% increase within 24 hours. I found this claim valid actually. My generally dry skin looked well-moisturized after its use.
- It illuminates skin radiance and evens skin tone and reduces appearance of scars and age spots
- If you have irritation and redness of skin, Olive Serum is a good calmer.
- I also applied it and then put on my foundation so can be used as a primer under makeup.
- The product comes in glass bottle so be safe while using it.
- You have to moist your face and apply 2-3 drops of the serum on wet skin. Use index fingers to press the serum in the skin. Yes, you can apply near eye area as well.
- It retails at $52 but just some drops are enough so should be long-lasting.
All in all, Botani is a brand that is definitely worth-trying. Botani is brought in Singapore by Love Organic Singapore – a venture that believes that beauty is indeed more than skin deep. Love Organic is founded on the principles of Integrity, Respect and Empowerment.
You can buy Botani products online on Love Organic Website. Free Shipping is available for local buyers. There are different Botani products available for different skin types, for mums and for babies
Find more information about Botani here.