Mother shares Facebook photo asking other mums to be more careful

Share this article with other mums

In a viral post on Facebook, one mother asks us all to be more careful when it comes to our children, as we never know what can happen.

Molly Landis, a mother of one, shares the story of how important it is to be more careful, especially if you're with your baby.

"A guardian angel was watching over me"

In a Facebook post that Molly shared, she told the story of how her stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to her face, neck, and chest.

She adds, "This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest. Yes, this is horrible and painful but I haven't been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am."

"As a new mom I often wear my sweet 4 week old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe)..on this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby because for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn't wearing her while I was in the kitchen."

"The worst of my burns is to my chest- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier. The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies!"

Mothers sympathized with her and wished her well

Other mothers who saw her viral post about safety sympathized with her and gave her encouraging messages:

Another mother thanked her and told her to disregard the negative comments:

All in all, the response to her Facebook post was overwhelmingly positive, with a lot of other mums wishing her and her family well, and praying for her swift recovery. Until know, the cause of the explosion hasn't been identified, but we're very thankful that in spite of her injuries, she and her child are okay and we're also hoping for her swift recovery.

See her photo and her Facebook post below:

Go to the next page to learn more about safety in the kitchen.

Family Life Health & Safety News Safety