3 ways to make indoor play safe for your kids during the haze
Is the haze keeping you and your little one confined indoors? Find out how to make your home a true safe haven for your precious child.
Living in our little tropical island has its fair share of benefits for families, especially when it comes to outdoor activities. But sometimes, due to tropical downpours or hot weather, it is just not possible to let your children play outside. The haze we are experiencing right now is another perfect example of this, where outdoor play could even be hazardous to your kids' health.
When outdoor play is impossible, the only option to keep your children entertained is to let them play inside -- and ensuring their safety is paramount. It's not just keeping them safe from obvious dangers, such as the sharp edges of furniture, but also from things you can't see, such as hidden dirt and germs.
Here are three easy and effective ways to make indoor play safe for kids, when going outside is not an option:
1. Childproof your home
Babies and toddlers are inquisitive little busybodies with a thirst to explore every corner of your home. While this trait may keep you on your toes, it's actually quite normal say child development experts, and contributes to your little one's learning and motor skills development.
As much as you should encourage your child's curiosity, it's equally important to keep him safe as he sets out on his exploration adventures. Here are some ways you could do this:
- Cover sharp edges of furniture with soft padding to protect your little one from nasty bumps and gashes.
- If you live in a high-rise building, make sure access to the balcony is blocked. It's also best to childproof your windows by fixing a specially designed grill or mesh.
- Keep all medicines out of reach from your child and safely locked away.
- We all know how much babies like putting things in their mouth. Because of this, do not let your baby play with objects he could choke on such as marbles, buttons and even batteries.
- Protect all electrical outlets with outlet covers.
- Carefully secure large or heavy items to eliminate the risk of them toppling on to your baby, should he grab onto them.
2. Eliminate hidden nasties
The haze we are currently experiencing is most likely preventing you from taking your little one outside. Because of this, the confines of your living room and bedroom become your little one's favourite play areas these days.
Unfortunately, the things that you and your little one are in frequent contact with and help you relax at home -- like toys, the sofa and your bed -- are also the dirtiest. These are also the most difficult to clean on a regular basis, with the potential of becoming home to a host of hidden nasties such as bacteria and other germs.
Mums, no need to panic. You just need to reach for a bottle of Magiclean Fabric Freshener!
Traditional cleaning methods such as washing, air and sun drying may be effective, but involve a lot of effort and time. These methods are also not practical when it rains. And while we are certainly experiencing hot weather these days, hanging items such as your child's soft toys, pillows and cushions outside in the haze to dry can't be too safe.
This is where Magiclean Fabric Freshener can help, and is so easy to use in comparison with traditional cleaning methods. All you need to do is point the ergonomically designed bottle at the "target" and spray!
Magiclean Fabric Freshener has superior penetrative properties, going deep into fabric fibres and killing 99.9% of bacteria from the inside out. It is also suitable for hard-to-wash fabric products such as bed linen, baby’s fabric toys and stroller seats, your sofa, the carpet, and the curtains.
The formula is made in Japan and contains natural deodorising extracts to remove odours from clothing as well as fabric shoes, and even prevents these smells from returning for up to 24 hours. It comes in three sparkling fragrances: Fresh & Light, Refreshing Mint and Clear Citrus.
Mums, you're bound to find Magiclean Fabric Freshener especially useful these hazy days to make your "indoor playroom" (i.e. your house!) a safe haven for your little one.
3. Keep an eye on them, always
You all know that when your little one is quiet, it probably means he is up to some form of mischief! As tiring as it may be to always monitor your child while he is playing indoors, it's crucial to do so to ensure his safety. It only takes a split second for disaster to strike, and you want to avoid this at all costs.
- If you need to take a shower or use the bathroom, strap your baby in his rocker and place him in a spot where you can easily watch him.
- If you have a toddler, place him in a play pen filled with plenty of toys when you need a bathroom break or need to go out of the room for anything. Make sure there are no dangling blind cords near the play pen or rocker though, as these could pose a strangulation hazard.
- Strapping your little one in a baby carrier while you go about doing household chores is also a good way of keeping him out of trouble, entertained and happy.
- If your helper looks after your child during the day, don't forget to share these tips with her. Also remember to maintain the hygiene of the baby rocker and carrier with Magiclean Fabric Freshener.
Mums, we hope our tips help you keep your little ones safe as they play inside. And as you take care of the obvious hazards that are visible to the eye, don't forget to let Magiclean Fabric Freshener help you deal with those indoor dangers you can't see.
The new Magiclean Fabric Fresheners are available at all leading supermarkets, hypermarkets, minimarkets and provision shops. Please check instore for more details.
How have you been keeping your little ones occupied during these hazy days? How do you clean your household to make it safe and germ free? Do share your tips with us by leaving a comment below. And please tell us what you think of Magiclean Fabric Freshener after you get your free sample!